SOLD/EXPIRED Trade my Canjar set trigger for Jewell- rem 700

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by hemiallen, Nov 7, 2011.

1. hemiallen

hemiallen Well-Known Member

Looking to trade my Rem 700 Canjar set trigger ( wide shoe, set blade) with early type safety ( locks bolt) for a Jewell with safety.

I am told you can cut the blade off the safety to work on current rem 700's, but I hate to modify an old Canjar, and I prefer the Jewell after trying them.

Not interested in selling outright, unless your offering replacement $ so I can buy a new Jewell.

Thanks

Allen

2. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

How much is a new Jewell? How used is your trigger?

3. hemiallen

Cheapest Jewell

Item Number: JT-01
    Model: HVRTSBR-A
    Price: $215.00

Trigger is very nice condition, standard can be set below a pound, and the set function set easily at 8 oz with more adjustment for a lighter pull.

I think the Canjars are better than a Jewell, but my son has a different opinion and doesn't like the trigger, and his is the only Remington I have with the old style safety block and I don't want to modify it.

Thank you

Allen

4. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

Where are you located? I might do this but I'm not willing to commit without seeing your trigger. I was intending to go to the Tulsa gun show this coming weekend and one of the things I was going to look for was a trigger like yours.

5. hemiallen

West coast.

I can get the gun from my son tomorrow evening and take it out and shoot you pictures also if that works.

Thanks

Allen

6. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

Did you buy it new or used? Has the trigger ever had any modifications or is it in the original condition?

7. hemiallen

Second owner.

I bought it maybe 1 year ago, seller said he bought it new, used it for maybe 100 rds and took it off and forgot about it until doing a cleanup when he sold it to me.

It looked to me to be as he said, low useage. My son hasn't fired it but 2- 5 shot groups, I changed his 223 out to a Jewell this weekend and he likes it better.

Thanks

Allen

8. Edd

Edd Well-Known Member

With that history a picture wouldn't satisfy me. I would want to examine it before deciding if I wanted it. Since you are so far away I guess I'm not interested.

9. hemiallen

Thanks for your interest.

I am going to hold onto it until a trade is offered, or I find a used Jewell and then sell this outright.

Allen

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  10. hemiallen

Got the gun in hand, adjusted the first stage a little lighter than I sent it off with my son....

And have decided to keep it.

Y'all who have never tried a Canjar, are missing out. I dislike the wide shoe compared to my Jewells, but this trigger is IMHO crisper than a Jewell.

Sorry, pulled as a for sale item, back for trade only. Someone has a jewell they would trade for a Canjar set trigger,,, somewhere.lol

Allen

11. Overdrawn

Overdrawn New Member

How's those Jewell triggers, did you ever trade your Canjar for one. I have to agree those Jewells are sweet but I'm partial to the Canjars too.