Tract Optics

I have the Tract 3-15X50 and have been very happy. It is clear, and appears to track well. I compared their binoculars to the Maven binoculars and really couldn't tell that one was better than the other. They were both excellent.

I have been looking at glass for my next rifle builds and have ran across Tract Optics. I do not see these are in stores for me to check out before purchasing, so I figured I would ask the question here. Are they clear on all Magnification setting, no distortion on high power? Do they track good? I am looking at the higher end models the Toric UHD 4-20x50 30mm and the Toric 4.5-30x56 34mm, the most expensive glass I own is a Vortex Viper Gen I 6-24x50 I do like the scope, but if I can save a few more dollars and get something better I would do that. If you have experience with these scopes I would love to hear about it. I was looking at Athlon Cronus and Aries ETR until I ran across the Tract Toric.
I have 7 Tract scopes on rifles from 300 Weatherby to .22LR. Hunting in 9 states and 3 Canadian Provinces west of the Mississippi, I have been very pleased with the quality and performance of Tract Optics. IMO, dollar for dollar they are the best value in scopes and binoculars on the market today. Remember, they use Schott glass which is a subsidiary of Zeiss

I just mounted up the 4-20x50 MRAD PRS last night and I'm thoroughly impressed so far, but note I haven't shot it yet. Most of my scope experience is with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 Viper PSTs of all mag ranges and I have enjoyed all of them, but the Toric definitely stands taller. I didn't think to set them up side by side for a comparison but I'll try to do that tonight and report back.

I just mounted up the 4-20x50 MRAD PRS last night and I'm thoroughly impressed so far, but note I haven't shot it yet. Most of my scope experience is with both Gen 1 and Gen 2 Viper PSTs of all mag ranges and I have enjoyed all of them, but the Toric definitely stands taller. I didn't think to set them up side by side for a comparison but I'll try to do that tonight and report back.
Looking forward to hear what you think, especially with the Gen I Viper PST, I have that scope.

I bought the .22 RF scope to put on my CZ .22 . I have still not put it on and shot it ..but it has hash marks for the cartridge so I thought I would try it. Glass seems pretty nice for the price!

I have some Tract scopes and have not had any issues with them. One is mounted on a light weight .338 RUM.

Looking forward to hear what you think, especially with the Gen I Viper PST, I have that scope.
Unfortunately I just sold my last Gen 1 a couple weeks ago so I couldn't do a side by side with that model, but I think the Gen 2 is a small step above the Gen 1 so you can factor that into what I have below. I looked through both a 3-15 gen 2 and the Toric (both at 15x) this morning. Overcast conditions as we're about to get a bunch of snow dumped on us, and only able to look at some rooftops about 150y away … so, not the best test for comparison purposes.

I'll start by saying that overall I've always been super satisfied with the Gen 2, it's the most expensive scope(s) I've been willing to buy up until getting this Toric and at its price point I think it's a hard scope to beat. Is the Toric worth an extra $500? My initial impression says probably, but time will tell once I've been able to shoot it but I can definitely say it's an upgrade over the Gen 2 and has a LOT of great features for its price point.

Compared to the Gen 2 the Toric is definitely a step above. Both of them have great clarity to my eyes with a slight edge to the Toric, but the Toric clarity goes all the way to edges whereas the Gen 2 clarity tapers off as you get out to the edges. The Toric also has less CA though it's not perfect. Toric seems to have a more forgiving eye box as well, though I've never complained about that on the Gen 2. I love the locking turrets on the Toric and it's easy to remove the cap to pull the turret off to change its position compared to the 3 tiny set screws on the Gen 2 … I accidentally dropped one of those set screws once at the range and spent a long time looking through the gravel to find it. The Gen 2 turrets are a little mushier than the Toric, with a softer click. The Toric turrets have very positive and audible clicks. The mag ring on the Toric is quite a bit smoother, all Vortex mag rings have always seemed super stiff to me but a throw lever helps that a lot. Same with the illumination knob, the Gen 2 knob is super stiff whereas the Toric knob feels just like their turrets, nice positive and audible clicks through the illumination settings. I haven't messed with the zero stop on the Toric yet but it doesn't seem any more difficult than the Gen 2.

So that's just a quick first look and comparison. Like I said I've always enjoyed the Gen 2's and don't have any complaints about them, if you only had $800 (occasional sale price) to spend I'd recommend it all day. But I am very impressed with the Toric so far and definitely consider it an upgrade over the Gen 2. The only downside I can think of is its weight, but it's not out of line with scopes of equal quality and features. Looking forward to getting it out to the range.

I have 2 3-15 Torics and was a very early customer of Tract so they have had a good test over time with me. I shoot 50 deer and thousands of pests a year in a very testing and harsh environment. They track very well and can take the knocks. Glass is very good and I would rate it just a smidgen under the Swarvo Z5 but not enough to make any practical difference. Tract's service is fantastic. They are great value for money and for hunting and a bit of gong and target stuff I don't know why you would want to pay more.

Their ballistic reticle s worth having a look at too. It works very well and is supported by very good ballistic software on their web site. Have a play before you get it over the TPlex first though to ensure that you can get a good match with your load or ammo. If not, the standard TPlex is great, especially for in the field.

These Tract guys have proven themselves for service and a quality product now. They deserve some support and popularity.

Wished they would make a simple mil reticle with illumination in their 3-15 and keep the weight where it's at.