Tract 4.5x30

troupe

Has anyone tried the new Tract 4.5 -30 x 56 yet. I have been using the Tract scopes for a while now and have been very impressed with the optical quality and tracking abilities. I am thinking of moving one of my 3.5-15 x 50 Torics to step up to the biggest model. I also have the 5-20 and for the money, they will not be beat. Thanks in advance.

I would like to hear some feedback as well. I do believe that tract was started by former Nikon employees

Their products are world class. I have had some very good glass, both scopes and bino's over the years and all I use is Tract now. Optically and performance wise, it is very, very good. Optics at 1/3 the cost of the big names. Amazing what a middleman can do. All I have to say is thanks from the working class shooters and hunters. Looking forward to the big scope reviews.

Seems that the market is just about flooded with rifle optics right now. Which is probably a good thing for the consumer as far as affordability. I still can't help but believe that there is a considerable mark up or else there wouldn't be so many folks getting in the business. I'm not particularly brand loyal. The tract 4.5-30 has a strong resemblance to my Cronus which has a strong resemblance to a trijicon accupower 4.5-30x56.

They may look a similar on the outside, but it is what is on the inside that matters. One thing that I have learned over the years building 1911 style pistols, that it is like many things in the shooting industry. It may say one brand on the outside, but a particular part is sourced from a leading manufacture with many different names put on it at final production. Parts are sourced out, but it is how the final product performs. AR rifle barrels, 1911 hammers, AR triggers, it is just business. Tract has offered scopes that are comparable to much higher end scopes, using quality glass and internally tight tolerances. All of it comes from both guys being highly experienced in the scope industry and knowing where to turn for a better scope tubes, or better glass, and having a business plan that leaves out the middleman. I wish I was a money person because I would have been an investor in Tract Optics, but I am just a working class guy. Not affiliated with Tract in anyway, other than a very satisfied customer. I would like to see a tactical 1-6 or 1-8 scope 30mm with a simple dot and cross hair set up from Tract that is a true 1x. Could be the next purchase after getting the newest 4.5-30.

It is true that the market is flooded, but the majority is not in the same league for the dollar value as Tract. Hopefully Tract will hold there values and not get to over priced. They are great folks.

I'm sure tract probably a great scope. The trijicon accupower & cronus are no slouches either. My point was that they are all probably from L.O.W. whitch is a good thing. There could be some differences in glass & features. I'm not belittling the tract by any means.

No Sir, point well taken. I was not insinuating that you was belittling Tract in any way. Just pointing out how the industry in general works.

They may look a similar on the outside, but it is what is on the inside that matters. One thing that I have learned over the years building 1911 style pistols, that it is like many things in the shooting industry. It may say one brand on the outside, but a particular part is sourced from a leading manufacture with many different names put on it at final production. Parts are sourced out, but it is how the final product performs. AR rifle barrels, 1911 hammers, AR triggers, it is just business. Tract has offered scopes that are comparable to much higher end scopes, using quality glass and internally tight tolerances. All of it comes from both guys being highly experienced in the scope industry and knowing where to turn for a better scope tubes, or better glass, and having a business plan that leaves out the middleman. I wish I was a money person because I would have been an investor in Tract Optics, but I am just a working class guy. Not affiliated with Tract in anyway, other than a very satisfied customer. I would like to see a tactical 1-6 or 1-8 scope 30mm with a simple dot and cross hair set up from Tract that is a true 1x. Could be the next purchase after getting the newest 4.5-30.

It is true that the market is flooded, but the majority is not in the same league for the dollar value as Tract. Hopefully Tract will hold there values and not get to over priced. They are great folks.
Who makes Tract scopes? I know they are made in China, but not sure of the actual vendor. They look VERY similar to Vector optics, down to the Schott HD glass in the higher end models.

I am looking for value in my purchase, but also want a company who backs their products in the US.

You might want to do some research and speak with the CEO, he will talk to you about their products. You can't get a better warranty. No middleman makes a large difference in the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts