Toughest scope rings?

I have a couple of break action, large caliber rifles including an Encore Pro Hunter. Those guns recoil hard and are hard on scopes and scope mounts. One of my guns develops 4,300 foot pounds of energy and the scope would slip in the mount.
I had Mike Bellm mount an ERG rail to one of my barrels with 5 screws and I always use 6 screw Tactical rings.
No problems with the scope moving and this setup.
You could also epoxy bed the rail to the barrel and the scope to the bottom rings for extra security.
I like my break action rifles to be light so I stayed with aluminum rails and rings.

Sphur;

View attachment 124121

Near;

View attachment 124122

Engineered for a 3lb scope on a 50bmg. WAY overkill for most anything else.

Seekins is just as good, and far lighter. Just add a third ring if you are concerned about inertial forces.
Near, ARC, then Sphur. There are others made from machined, mated, held to 1/10000, of stainless, titanium, etc. Use ONLY full width slotted Picatinny rails and preferably one-piece.

Hey all. In your opinion, What is the toughest, most stable base ring combo that you have used. I know alot of you will say "heck I always used weaver or millet or etc." and so have I. But I want the best, toughest, most stable rig out there. I spent 500 on the rifle, 600 on the scope so I am not afraid of spending money on a good system.
I use American Rifle M10 ringswhen mounting on pic rails, and only NightForce for every thing else.
Hey all. In your opinion, What is the toughest, most stable base ring combo that you have used. I know alot of you will say "heck I always used weaver or millet or etc." and so have I. But I want the best, toughest, most stable rig out there. I spent 500 on the rifle, 600 on the scope so I am not afraid of spending money on a good system.

I'm a fan of Leupold steel rings and bases! I use them on all hunting rifles for many many years . I especially like the Dual Dove Tail Rings and bases on magnum Rifkes ! The photo shows a set being used on a Weatherby Mark V in 270 Weatherby mag. Fired over 110 rounds in load development and then fired 85 rounds at a long range shooting school over a two day period! No issues no problems . Simple and Strong!!!

Attachments

• BF0CD575-6541-4309-9485-2037E5FBFBCF.jpeg
    BF0CD575-6541-4309-9485-2037E5FBFBCF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • A22404D2-FEBE-48D3-ABF2-F5ADA84774C7.jpeg
    A22404D2-FEBE-48D3-ABF2-F5ADA84774C7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 36
My LR hunter sees some pretty rough usage. For maximum strength, and consistency I like an epoxy bedded full length rail, with the ARC M10 rings. I torque the rings to 25In/lbs(ZCO recommendation for max) . Max M10 rating: 50 in/lbs.
073AFDEE-FB7E-4217-9A6F-F536E3803168.jpeg

Last edited: