Torque setting

cohunt

I bought a timney trigger for my 1993 rem 700 mountain rifle--I can't for the life of me remember what the action screw torque is supposed to be, I had it written down somewhere but I can't find it

anyone know what the factory torque specs are?

I can narrow down some specifics if it helps. It's a 1993 rem 700 mountain rifle...this rifle does not have the b&c stock , it was 1st year production of the "Tupperware stock" with pressed checkering- no bedding block, no pillars, no glass bedding.
When I called Remington they just currently recommend torque specs for current production wood, injection molded, and fiberglass sticks not the older stocks like mine.

It shoots 1/2 moa right now and I don't want to mess that up, I spent hours researching what torque specs were about 2 years ago when I picked it up for $200 (never been fired), I jotted specs down and torqued it back then but can't find the piece of paper in my reloading room -- i was thinking of putting a better stock on it, but its shooting well right now so I'm not sure.
I don't really trust the stock trigger as i know the prior owner set it really light, then he went to put rings/bases on it and he thought he stripped one of the holes so he never shot it, it ended up he just stripped out the screw.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.