Torn between 6.5 prc vs 6.5 saum

What would you go with?

• Total voters

ddman

I have everything ready to go for both calibers. barrel, action, brass, dies, bullets, powder. My Smith can do either. I'm not finding a whole lot from anyone who has both. Any insight on this?

You probably won't find many who own both. They are pretty similar, I have a 6.5 saum.
Saum will outrun the prc by little bit. I would say pick which one you can get components for first, but since you have both, I don't really know how you make your choice. I'd still go saum, buy I'm biased.

I have a saum and my buddy has a prc. We both use the same set up for deer, h1000 and 143 eldx. Mine is at 3050 fps and his is 3030 fps but his is almost max load while I ran up to 3200 before pressure signs. With ADG offering brass now for the saum, I would say component wise they are equal. I would go with saum if you want more speed, PRC if factory ammo has any interest in you.

6.5 PRC and don't look back, I was in the same boat right when the 6.5 PRC came out. I have built five different 6.5 PRC rifles, they are stupid easy to load for and the factory ammo shoots lights out also even though a bit slower than handloads.

With that said my next 6.5 build will be a 6.5 Max;)

Liddy