TORIC UHD 27-55X80 Angled Spotting Scope

Hondo64d

Anyone have the TORIC UHD 27-55X80 Angled Spotting Scope? Ordered one today for an upcoming Mulie hunt. Looking forward to putting it through its paces. From everything I've read, it's about as close to Alpha you can get without paying Alpha prices. Also really like that I can get a mil reticle eyepiece. Struggling whether to get the 22x or the 33x.

https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/toric-uhd-27-55x80-angled-spotting-scope

John

Did 9 days of scouting then hunting Mulies in New Mexico. Didn't get a Muley, but the glass was superb in all regards. Image quality and resolution is VERY good. Color is very natural. Control functions are very nice. It is simply a great spotter at any price.

My beloved wife of 37 years got me the fixed 22x eyepiece with the mil reticle for our anniversary. The view through that thing is…. Well… breathtaking. Image quality, brightness, eye relief and FOV are all simply superb. The reticle is on the upper and right of the FOV so is completely unobtrusive in the picture. The picture through this spotter with this eyepiece is so good that I don't know if I'll ever put the zoom eyepiece back on.

I was itching for a pair of Tract's 15x56 big eyes, but with this 22x eyepiece, I doubt I'll follow through on the big eyes. The brightness, FOV and depth of field with the 22x eyepiece would make them redundant.

Tract also offers a nice military/veteran's discount.

Can't say enough good about the Tract Toric Spotter.

https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/22x-spotting-scope-eyepiece-with-mrad-prs-reticle

I have to agree. I have been using and pushing the Tract optics for some time now. The glass is better than great for the price range. Tract (Schott) glass compares to the best in the industry, and consider that some of the best in the industry use Schott glass. When the middleman is cut out, the benefits go to the customers. I sold my Swaro's and bought the Tract bino's. That good.