topic resolved

Grandad, if your in the Dallas Tex area you are surrounded by many excellent gunsmiths. My reccomendation would be Triple G in Stephenville. I have a friend who has had some experience with Marksman Arms, I cannot comment on them on the forum. Also read the thread before you on Bountyhunter"s comment on the Savage rifles
grin.gif
. Good luck, RandyB

Grandad, Boyd Heaton has a 7mm STW for sale for $650. Look in the "Buy, Sell, Trade, Swap, Loan & Borrow" section. It is the posting thats titled "FS or trade".

I think its a great long range caliber and it won't make you flinch like a lapua or some of the bigboys.

FYI - 7mm stw is a 8mm necked down to 7mm.

Excellent cartridge, I'm having one made with a krieger barrel, should have it in time for my November hunt. If I wasn't lefty I buy Boyd's in a heartbeat.....I'm paying a heck of a lot more for mine!!!

Goodluck
cool.gif

Ive got a 7mm STW, 34 in lilja barrel.
Let me know what you guys are using fro laods mainly for Berger 180 gr or JLK or possibly if your using LRBT's 162gr.

I keep thinking Boyd put that ad on here just to eat me up. It sounds exactly like what I'm planning on building for next year's project. I check in 4-5 times a day since he posted it. Just to see if it's gone yet. But I've a rifle at the 'smiths right now, due to come home in just a week or two.

Makes me wish I'd stashed more "Fun Money" over the summer.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.