Top Gunsmiths

I read this entire thread last night. I was thinking ***? after completing reading the original post, but I knew Joel had made last post and assumed there would be some redeeming value. I started to post last night, but decided I was to cranky at 3:30am and just left it be.

Now at 3:50PM local time (morning for me) I see this tread continuing. I have been a member for just over two years and lurked for a few years before that. I'm wondering why this thread has been allowed to continue. I am a moderator in a forum that has no relation to guns, shooting or hunting. As a moderator in that forum I have the the ability to lock threads, delete individual posts, and delete pointless threads. All threads have an alert tab that that emails the moderators and tells us what the offense is and who posted the offending post.

I know if I would have caught that that the thread was two years old I never would have never got past the first page. I don't know what the capabilities of this software Len uses here are, but it would be nice if, at least threads like this, could be locked.

I enjoy spending time in Len's living room and for the most part enjoy the company he keeps.

To Len and his moderators, keep up the great work. The rest is just a thought.

Southpaw

I guess there is a bad past with this post and I just posted the Super Shoot stats. Personallly I didn't read the whole thread just the first page and figure what the hell. Many top gunsmiths out there but what many feel are top for some reason or another don't build the hummer gun. Over the years I have had many guns built by those smiths only to find out they were tops at one time and never kept up with change.

I read this entire thread last night. I was thinking ***? after completing reading the original post, but I knew Joel had made last post and assumed there would be some redeeming value. I started to post last night, but decided I was to cranky at 3:30am and just left it be.

Now at 3:50PM local time (morning for me) I see this tread continuing. I have been a member for just over two years and lurked for a few years before that. I'm wondering why this thread has been allowed to continue. I am a moderator in a forum that has no relation to guns, shooting or hunting. As a moderator in that forum I have the the ability to lock threads, delete individual posts, and delete pointless threads. All threads have an alert tab that that emails the moderators and tells us what the offense is and who posted the offending post.

I know if I would have caught that that the thread was two years old I never would have never got past the first page. I don't know what the capabilities of this software Len uses here are, but it would be nice if, at least threads like this, could be locked.

I enjoy spending time in Len's living room and for the most part enjoy the company he keeps.

To Len and his moderators, keep up the great work. The rest is just a thought.

Southpaw
The software allows us to do all you mentioned and a whole lot more but, just think, if the thread had been deleted or locked then you wouldn't have been able to complain about how thing are run around here.:)

There is far more to this whole thing than most realize and most have never followed all of the inter-twined threads associated with, leading up to, and following this one.

However, as long as the thread and its associated posts follow the guidelines set out for this site then deleting the thread, or locking it, would serve no purpose. It gets read a lot and the good thing is, nobody has to read it. I'm surprised really, that anyone would even add an additional post but to each his own.

This site is run fairly loosely and that is accomplished by a membership that conducts itself amazingly well and we actually have to do very little "damage control work".

Until the recent post of a listing of smiths and shooters, it had been well over a year since the thread had died and was just sitting there providing a little reading if someone was so inclined.

There are many threads that could possibly fall under your thoughts of deleting or locking but in reality that would mean that it would be done under one person's opinion and like I said, we run very cleanly, the thread is hurting nobody and hopefully only pertinent, constructive posts will follow but typically a thread like this just fades into oblivion.

I guess there is a bad past with this post and I just posted the Super Shoot stats. Personallly I didn't read the whole thread just the first page and figure what the hell. Many top gunsmiths out there but what many feel are top for some reason or another don't build the hummer gun. Over the years I have had many guns built by those smiths only to find out they were tops at one time and never kept up with change.
Indeed there is far more to it than reaches the eye.

There are smiths not on your list that do amazing work, just in a different venue of the same sport we all like.

Likewise, there are many many shooters not on your list that accomplish some amazing stuff when settled in behind a top notch gun.

We just all have to make our own choices and hopefully they all work out as planned.

Indeed there is far more to it than reaches the eye.

There are smiths not on your list that do amazing work, just in a different venue of the same sport we all like.

Likewise, there are many many shooters not on your list that accomplish some amazing stuff when settled in behind a top notch gun.

We just all have to make our own choices and hopefully they all work out as planned.
I just started to read the entire thread from start, only been a member since this past Jan. I have learned so much reading and getting great answers from this site. I would like to take the time to thank you for the replies you gave in such a gentleman manner to a real jackass. I happen to own a small landscaping business for the past 15 years and started out the hard way such as Kirby and others has done here. Its very aggervating when you put your heart and soul in your work to strive for perfection and contend with idiots. Its nice to see MEN like you step up for someone you have done good business with.
Mike

ss7mm

Thanks for the reply. I think I was just disappointed in myself for reading that whole thread - LOL

Len, you and the other moderators do a great job keeping the tone and direction of this forum focused. I use the same criteria in the forum I moderate. The view is just a little different from the cheap seats out here. I also have commend the membership for the civility that is ongoingly present.

Keep up the great work, and I'll try to keep my arm chair quarterbacking to a minimum - LOL

Southpaw

I just started to read the entire thread from start, only been a member since this past Jan. I have learned so much reading and getting great answers from this site. I would like to take the time to thank you for the replies you gave in such a gentleman manner to a real jackass. I happen to own a small landscaping business for the past 15 years and started out the hard way such as Kirby and others has done here. Its very aggervating when you put your heart and soul in your work to strive for perfection and contend with idiots. Its nice to see MEN like you step up for someone you have done good business with.
Mike
Mike:

Thanks. I've been fortunate to not only have work done by, and purchased products from, some great people, but I also now have friends because of it and that makes for some great times and memories.

ss7mm

Thanks for the reply. I think I was just disappointed in myself for reading that whole thread - LOL

Len, you and the other moderators do a great job keeping the tone and direction of this forum focused. I use the same criteria in the forum I moderate. The view is just a little different from the cheap seats out here. I also have commend the membership for the civility that is ongoingly present.

Keep up the great work, and I'll try to keep my arm chair quarterbacking to a minimum - LOL

Southpaw
Unfortunately, but fortunately for our readers, there were some things that went on offline that would really put a damper on one's opinion of some but none of that ever showed up in the forums, and that's a credit to some genuine guys that know when to just turn off the computer and go shooting.

The view is a little different, depending on what it says under your user name, and most would be amazed at some of the stuff that gets nuked before anyone usually even reads it.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.