Top 5 hunting rifles under $2K

I almost don't own any guns under 2k. I own a gun shop and have seen many guns. Honestly, I just shot my best group with a Ruger American in 308. I have had most brands. I have more Browning's now and like the Hells canyon. I like the style. The point I'm am trying to make is, most guns will get the job done but, I am a victim of "the grass is greener on the other side or keeping up with the Jones's". In the end I find a gun that looks really great, shoots better than me and not many people have one. There are better guns, but it can be the best **** gun in the world and I will not shoot better. Spend what you need 1 time and get the good one, then enjoy. Every once in a while I see a new rifle I really want. I will sell mine and try the new one but I don't lose money on the deal.

Dad just picked up a Ruger New American in .350 Legend. For you westerners this is the equivalent to the hipster Savage 6.5 Creedmor that requires a man bun and that you drink PBR.

Anyhow, with the Hornady Superformance ammo, you can ding a 4" gong at 200 yards all day long with the recoil of about a .243. The gun itself was $400 and change if i remember correctly and it feels like a toy. When your used to hunting deer with a 30 year old 870, its quite the bang for the buck.

UPDATE:
I pulled the trigger on a Christensen Traverse 6.5PRC. It was an unfired demo so I got a great deal. It was still more than I intended to spend, but I wanted to get it right the first time. A Leupold VXR 4-12x50 is going on it, again a great deal from my uncle. All in price: $2500. Thanks everyone for the input, it was very helpful!

I just helped my son break in a browning hells canyon 6.5 PRC. As we patched the bore after every round, it started to feel like it should. Long story short, in this process he was one holing it at a 100. And at 200 hundred he shoot a half inch three shot group. I leaned over the branch and said I've bin coming to the range for thirty years saw a lot of people shoot very expensive long range rifles. But never have I seen that ! On the break in know less. I can't lie I was skeptical about a stock gun but man..........saw a little more $ and just maybe.......
A little more time has past. With the shortage of Ammo and components. I found some old Amax 140s, I loaded these up over some retumbo. We hit the range. My son found some eldX pills. So he shot one group with each. The eldX shot easily under 1 @ 100. The AMax hand loads wow. I decidedly to load all 30 Amax I had. I loaded 2 tenths over a previous test load with Nos Partitions after hitting a node. Here is his the four shot group at 100. The flyer at six o'clock is out of a cold bore. And then there is the other three!

Attachments

• AF8BCE9D-514A-4F5A-93D5-85DDDC3C00C1.jpeg
    AF8BCE9D-514A-4F5A-93D5-85DDDC3C00C1.jpeg
    602 KB · Views: 89
I recently posted a thread asking about the top 5 under $1K, and got a ton of great feedback. I thought I might see what opinions are out there if I can save up a bit more $$. These are the ones I am looking at so far, all in 6.5PRC:
Bergara Premier Mountain 2
Christensen Traverse
Seekins Havak
Christensen Mesa TI

My optic is set, Leupold VX-5HD. I am still learning the ins and outs of LRH, so a lot that is out there is unfamiliar to me. I know enough to know that I don't know much:) THANKS!!!
Seekins

Let's be honest here a full custom from a reputable builder after smith work and all is going to cost you In the neighborhood of 3-5k plus an optic. I think you're on the right track with some Christensen arms rifles, seekins, maybe stretch it a bit farther and check out fierce or cooper? I've heard lots of good things about tikka although I'm not personally a fan of them. Lots of good options. But if you want a great custom even on a rem 700 trued I'd expect north of 3k finished.

Why would anyone want to spend 2K on a hunting rifle?
Why spend 400.00 on a hunting rifle when you can buy one for 200.00?
Why spend 60k on a truck when you can buy one for 500.00.
2k is a lot of money to some, and just a good dinner and drinks to others.
Why spend money on ice cream? You don't need it.
Why am I asking silly questions?

For 2k, I'd go with any good factory rifle and a top tier barrel. I know it all matters but but you can't have it all for 2k, a brux, bartlien, broughton, Lilja, benchmark, krieger, or any other top end barrel is more important to me than a top tier action. You can also have it bedded and add a top tier trigger.
Great barrel, great trigger, bedded action.....probably is going to shoot pretty dang good.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.