Top 5 hunting rifles under $2K

Call up Hart Rifles in new York and speak with Karen. Only down side is turn around time is 10 months right now.

Rem 700 action $350
Barrel + all action work + chamber $750
Timney trigger $150
Bdl floor plate assembly $150
Bell and carlson / gray boe / used hs precession $300

$1700. If you're not hard set on that budget you can get a Mcmillan stock in there and come in right at maybe slightly over or under your 2k price.

I just helped my son break in a browning hells canyon 6.5 PRC. As we patched the bore after every round, it started to feel like it should. Long story short, in this process he was one holing it at a 100. And at 200 hundred he shoot a half inch three shot group. I leaned over the branch and said I've bin coming to the range for thirty years saw a lot of people shoot very expensive long range rifles. But never have I seen that ! On the break in know less. I can't lie I was skeptical about a stock gun but man..........saw a little more $ and just maybe.......

I have a Traverse in 300PRC and love it. I have a 6.5PRC in a Ridgeline and I love it as well. Both shoot fantastic. Using Hammer's in both. 199's in the 300 PRC and 124's in the 6.5. Both are half MOA guns to 600. haven't been able to shoot either any further than that other than at rocks and sruff in the field. Getting a traverse for less than 2K might be a little tight but good luck.

i just bought a weatheby first lite in 6.5 300 for 850.00 shoots bugholes with factory 140 vld's! has a 3-18 x 50 vari x 6hd scope at 1100. so it is at 200.00 total and shoot bug hole clover leafs!

Because it will be my only hunting rifle. I'd rather spend more money one time and be done with it.
yea,... I've said that a hundred times...lol ! my only hunting rifle..Ha!
Not laughing at you at all. Just that everyone on this forum has said that one time or another.
Have fun with it.
This is the best hobby on the planet.

CDNN has a bunch of Brownings in 6.5 at decent prices...might find what you like there. Never owned a Browning so I can't speak for their accuracy.

Wouldn't hurt to look at the Browning XBolt Pro. I have a Christensen Ridgeline, Tikka, and Browning. VX5's on top. They all shoot very well. Good luck and no regrets!

Another thought take a look at the new springfield armory 2020 seems to be a very well put together rifle

Another thought take a look at the new springfield armory 2020 seems to be a very well put together rifle

I'll be very interested if they eventually offer it in LA. It is a nice looking rifle. Curious to hear what people have to say about it.

If you want a 6.5 PRC then you will need a magnum bolt face. If it were me I would by a Tikka in 300 WSM (PRC not available until late next year) Then get a criterion Pre-fit from Solid Accuracy for it. Last time I talked to them said they would do a shouldered for the same price as a barrel nut pre-fit. Buy yourself about 150 in tools and now you will have a switch barrel system for 1200 - 1400 depending on if you went stainless or blued on the rifle. Love my Tikkas, awesome out of the box accuracy, bolts slick as butter and a crisp light trigger that breaks like glass. Just my 2 cents worth, best of luck to you..,

I recently posted a thread asking about the top 5 under $1K, and got a ton of great feedback. I thought I might see what opinions are out there if I can save up a bit more $$. These are the ones I am looking at so far, all in 6.5PRC:
Bergara Premier Mountain 2
Christensen Traverse
Seekins Havak
Christensen Mesa TI

My optic is set, Leupold VX-5HD. I am still learning the ins and outs of LRH, so a lot that is out there is unfamiliar to me. I know enough to know that I don't know much:) THANKS!!!
I wouldn't leave out Weatherby Mark V or one or the other of their new offerings! Just me!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.