Tooley Orion action pics as requested.

The Tooley Orion might be the way to go---for me I cannot get past the ugly bolt. The Tac look is not for me anymore--went through that with my AI AWM's and Stoners LOL.

The Tooley Orion might be the way to go---for me I cannot get past the ugly bolt. The Tac look is not for me anymore--went through that with my AI AWM's and Stoners LOL.

I'm in 100% agreement on the bolt handle... There is no need for a big ugly TAC handle on a hunting rifle... If I wanted to pretend to play SWAT I would get a TAC rifle....

Is there anything different, besides maybe port length, from Dave Tooley's Orion made by Stiller and a regular Stiller action?

I was wondering the same thing. Why not just buy the Stiller Predator directly from Stiller for $775.00 thats 50 bucks cheaper than the Orion.

Last edited:
Kevin

Never said it was "special", did I?

However, it is a lot better, smoother, faster and cheaper, with more resale than a reworked Remington without any question, isn't it!

I am sure that Leonard Baity's is similar and probably built by Stiller too. Either way good options for an "in stock" action that is ready to go with no additional work.

However, according to Dave it is built to his specs which are a little tighter tolerances than the standard Predator which is .004-.006.

BH

It is built with tighter tolerances than than the Stiller action is as per Dave's specs.....

I like the fact that custom rifle gunsmiths are having input on action designed to their specs.

So for 50 bucks you get a bolt thats 2-4 thousandths bigger in diameter because I'm pretty sure he doesn't machine the action to any different tolerence.
I built a 264 Win Mag this summer on a Predator action and the bolt doesn't seem excessively loose to me for a hunting rifle IMHO.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts