Took this one a week ago.

Very nice Buck....call me down next year...shoot all the Coyotes you see...leave those little Deer for me! No point wasting your time on them!
skipglo, you could just ask for coordinates and shoot them from the far north with some of your guns. Ohlongarm could just call in your shots and you could walk 'em in. Then he could clean, cutup, package them, and UPS 'em to you.

skipglo, you could just ask for coordinates and shoot them from the far north with some of your guns. Ohlongarm could just call in your shots and you could walk 'em in. Then he could clean, cutup, package them, and UPS 'em to you.
Now that's a grand idea my friend! I should have thought of that!

Last edited:
Twelve point shot in the heart almost cut in half,hit him at 25 yards face on,he ran full bore over 100 yards before piling up, check out his blood trail, i'm in horrendous deer country,with a 22000 back yard. No pressure.Would rather hunt yotes and squirrels,but he's a nice clean buck and will eat well.
Nicely done congrats

Twelve point shot in the heart almost cut in half,hit him at 25 yards face on,he ran full bore over 100 yards before piling up, check out his blood trail, i'm in horrendous deer country,with a 22000 back yard. No pressure.Would rather hunt yotes and squirrels,but he's a nice clean buck and will eat well.
Nice Buck! I have shot a great many deer with heart shots over the years. Question? Did he bounce or run off? I have noted that deer I have hit in the heart generally run not bounce. Head held level with his back, not held straight up as a normal deer does getting away. Did you note if the deer kick like a mule when being hit in the heart also?

Nice Buck! I have shot a great many deer with heart shots over the years. Question? Did he bounce or run off? I have noted that deer I have hit in the heart generally run not bounce. Head held level with his back, not held straight up as a normal deer does getting away. Did you note if the deer kick like a mule when being hit in the heart also?
Best I recall he ran off flag down,no movement at all when hit,a hundred yards out he started to wobble and keeled over. It did appear his neck was level, as he weaved through trees, I lost sight of him intermittently.

I hunted mostly Muley over the years. They would bounce if kick out of a bed or hiding spot. When shot in the heart they would run with head even with back. A lot of the time they would also kick like a mule when hit in the heart too. If they were shot in the liver, they would run a 100 yards or so, stop and put there head to the ground and back up and fall over. I have seen this with Antelope too. A group of people that I hunted with for years. I saw this several time and it was point out to me. At first I was setting up to shot again of back another person. I was stop and told about how the animal reacted. They were right on. That way I didn't put a second bullet into the animal. No use in wasting meat.

Great deer!