Took one off the top of my bucket list.....finally

who did you book through and hunt with?

The hunt was booked with Sitatunga Safaris. My friends booked the hunt and had their PH there who they had used several times before. The PH's and camp staff were all top notch. Both camps were beautiful and it was a fantastic area with a lot of game. Unfortunately the management of Sitatunga Safaris leaves a lot to be desired. Very poor communication, payment receipts, trophy arrangements etc. Add into the mix that Zambia trophy fees are exorbitant to say the least and it's doubtful we will use them again.

We are all keeping in touch with our PH's and apprentices and they are the ones that made the hunt such a success. I hope there are more trips in my future. It is absolutely as addictive as reported!!

What a great hunt. I went over 17 years ago,I arrowed 20 + animals.Missed a leopard,wasnt really set right w/bow.But I can tell,I spent a lot less,heh,heh.What a great time.

Then I came home to MT ,which I had a moose tag n took a 51'' B&C moose,shot a 330 bull at 700 yrds,last day of season shot a 165'' timber whitetail.Ya what a year,your animals more impressive,leopard is a stud.Friend of mine back around then at the time arrowed WR, one,recurve

Thanks for pics, MountainMan. I have no want or reason to leave USA. But I would for a hunt like that. A true dream come true Brother. Did you eat any of the meat?

Thanks for pics, MountainMan. I have no want or reason to leave USA. But I would for a hunt like that. A true dream come true Brother. Did you eat any of the meat?
It was an incredible hunt! I still can't quite believe I finally managed to do it......only down side is now I'm trying to figure how to do it again :).

We ate a lot of the meat from the animals I took, along with a few others that my friends shot. Our absolute favorite of the trip was cape buffalo tenderloin with kudu being a very close second. Impala was very good also as were most of the dishes they prepared (although there were some odd combinations). I cannot however recommend the hippo tail soup :p

Zambia is an incredible place. Some huge cats in the Luangwa Valley and one of the last wild places with reasonable fees since Tanzania completely f'd their entire industry. Well done on the cat and Buffalo. Super trophies.

Have dreamed about an African safari for 50 years. Finally with the right circumstances and a VERY understanding wife I managed to make it a reality. 14 days in Zambia and 9 species later I have a smile on my face you couldn't take off with a chainsaw.

View attachment 155520 View attachment 155521 View attachment 155522 View attachment 155523 View attachment 155524 View attachment 155525 View attachment 155526 View attachment 155527 View attachment 155528
Congratulations! Outstanding! What caliber(s) did you choose?

Some nice animals there. Congrats on a successful hunt. You did well. The only problem is Africa is addicting. Been over 7 times. Twice to Zambia. Lots of great animals to hunt. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce