Took one off the top of my bucket list.....finally

Discussion in 'Trophy Photos' started by mountainman56, Oct 28, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. mountainman56

mountainman56 Well-Known Member

Have dreamed about an African safari for 50 years. Finally with the right circumstances and a VERY understanding wife I managed to make it a reality. 14 days in Zambia and 9 species later I have a smile on my face you couldn't take off with a chainsaw.

Bushbuck.jpg Cape buffalo.jpg Impala.jpg Kudu.jpg Leopard.jpg Puku.jpg Waterbuck.jpg Wildebeest.jpg Zebra.jpg

2. eklarsen

eklarsen Well-Known Member

Well done sir, you look right at home in those pic's. Epic.

3. pttp

pttp Active Member

Excellent! Congrats on following your dreams.

4. PPR

PPR Well-Known Member

Hunt of a lifetime! Congrats on some great trophies!

Paul

5. rfurman24

rfurman24 Well-Known Member

Very nice a Cape and Leopard on the same hunt... It looks truly like a hunt of a lifetime. I have been twice and still no bushbuck. Thanks for sharing.

6. hunter67wa

hunter67wa Well-Known Member

Congrats!

7. manitou

manitou Well-Known Member

Well... I guess we all now know who coined the phrase: "Go big or go home"! ;)
    Congrats on the lifetime hunt fulfilled and the fine trophies.

8. Lowedown

Lowedown Active Member

what a wonderful trip! Nice work Sir, you really look in your element in those pictures! great animals! Congratulations on dreams fulfilled!

9. mountainman56

mountainman56 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind comments. It really was incredible. I would go back tomorrow if I could. I shot the buffalo, wildebeest and leopard with 299 grain Sledge Hammer bullets in my 375 H&H and they performed perfectly.
    I hadn't finished load workup for the 300 Win with the 196 Hammer Hunters so I used my 200 grain A-frame load, which may not be my choice for long range but worked admirably for this hunt with 5 out of 6 one shot, dead on the spot, kills. The longest shot I had was 200 yards on the zebra. Everything else was inside 100. The little bushbuck gave me hell with my first shot hitting a branch and my second shot being the dreaded step forward just as I fired "oh hell" shot. He wasn't going very far very fast though and a little scrambling and I finally got a shot where I could thread one through the brush.