Took one off the top of my bucket list.....finally

mountainman56

Have dreamed about an African safari for 50 years. Finally with the right circumstances and a VERY understanding wife I managed to make it a reality. 14 days in Zambia and 9 species later I have a smile on my face you couldn't take off with a chainsaw.

Bushbuck.jpg Cape buffalo.jpg Impala.jpg Kudu.jpg Leopard.jpg Puku.jpg Waterbuck.jpg Wildebeest.jpg Zebra.jpg

Very nice a Cape and Leopard on the same hunt... It looks truly like a hunt of a lifetime. I have been twice and still no bushbuck. Thanks for sharing.

Well... I guess we all now know who coined the phrase: "Go big or go home"! ;)
Congrats on the lifetime hunt fulfilled and the fine trophies.

what a wonderful trip! Nice work Sir, you really look in your element in those pictures! great animals! Congratulations on dreams fulfilled!

Thank you all for your kind comments. It really was incredible. I would go back tomorrow if I could. I shot the buffalo, wildebeest and leopard with 299 grain Sledge Hammer bullets in my 375 H&H and they performed perfectly.
I hadn't finished load workup for the 300 Win with the 196 Hammer Hunters so I used my 200 grain A-frame load, which may not be my choice for long range but worked admirably for this hunt with 5 out of 6 one shot, dead on the spot, kills. The longest shot I had was 200 yards on the zebra. Everything else was inside 100. The little bushbuck gave me hell with my first shot hitting a branch and my second shot being the dreaded step forward just as I fired "oh hell" shot. He wasn't going very far very fast though and a little scrambling and I finally got a shot where I could thread one through the brush.

Congratulations!!! Great animals. An African hunt is truly the adventure of a lifetime. It's been about 30 years since my last African hunt, but the memories are as vivid as if they happened yesterday!!!