Took an old man out hunting ...

FEENIX

... he's actually my civilian deputy commander, Thursday PM. He's 65 YO and has been plagued with old rugby injuries among other things. He was after a WT doe but ended up with a button buck instead.

The last time he hunted was 28 years ago. My other hunting buddy and I set-up the hunt and tried to make it as easy as possible for him. I ended up field dressing and dragging the deer for him. :D He's one happy camper ...

Attachments

• Ric 1 of 2.jpg
    Ric 1 of 2.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Ric 2 of 2.jpg
    Ric 2 of 2.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 134
That's a nice thing, just because it's a button doesn't mean it's not a Trophy. I've always said and still say it's not always about the biggest deer but it is about the best experience with friends or family.

That's a nice thing, just because it's a button doesn't mean it's not a Trophy. I've always said and still say it's not always about the biggest deer but it is about the best experience with friends or family.

Absolutely. And good time in the outdoors. One of the funniest things I've seen in the deer woods is two squirrels chasing each other on the trunk of a big oak... then one "tripped" the other and it lost grip on the tree. Watching that little guy fall from about 25' up knowing what was going through his head gave me a laugh. 10 minutes later I had a deer down and that was still the best part of the hunt.

Good on you for getting an old man back out there. Button or doe, still an antlerless deer down and tender meat too.

Me and my hunting buddies had as much fun as he did.

My hunting buddy Troy and I normally take out young airmen (esp. first time hunters) before but this year is really extra special.

Thank you all, I hope I can hunt as long s I can.

Cheers!

Well done feenix. I to try and take a new hunter out every year. I have one spot that I always have setup and ready to go. Have yet to let anyone down. You are right also I have had more fun keeping that stand ready to go and taking newbies out hunting as I have hunting myself.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.