Took a new hunter out

Mentoring is the best way for hunter recruitment and sustainment. It takes time but the rewards are forever. I bet he will remember this moment and your kindness to experience a truly special moment in not only his life but yours as well.

You're a good man to do this for him.

Congratulations to the new hunter and to you. By the way I'm also retired a LEO Hope you enjoy retirement as much as I do So I always use a modified grid search, just curious do most hunter use a spiral search pattern?

Thanks for making my morning brighter. Trying to talk my daughter into heading to the woods with her old man. You are helping secure the future of our hunting rights.
My daughter used to go hunting with me every year. She is in her twenties now and her mindset has taken a 180 degree pivot. I hope you and yours get to enjoy the outdoors together.

Congrats to your friend, a nice buck. Very king of you to do what you did, the hunting and shooting community appreciates you.

Congratulations to the new hunter and to you. By the way I'm also retired a LEO Hope you enjoy retirement as much as I do So I always use a modified grid search, just curious do most hunter use a spiral search pattern?
I'm not sure what most folks do. I think in flatter more open terrain I might use a grid search, but in this case the spiral brought me up hill sooner so I could see a bit farther quicker, and it worked out. the deer was just down hill and sticking out like a sore thumb.

I'm not sure what most folks do. I think in flatter more open terrain I might use a grid search, but in this case the spiral brought me up hill sooner so I could see a bit farther quicker, and it worked out. the deer was just down hill and sticking out like a sore thumb.
thanks just interested in a way to do it better. I don't pick up the trace blood drops as well as I once did. (It helps when its like the one my grandson got Saturday, a double lunger with a big exit 270 WSM 140 Acubond )

I was too because we all know those things are really used to shoot stray Tyrannosaurus Rex at 2 thousand yards 😜
😜

Yup it was a great story until it got to that "CREED" part.................. Well he took him hunting and did a great job on showing him how to harvest a deer, now all we have to do is educate him about the Creedmoor.😁;)🤣

P.S.: Just bustin on the Creedmoor, it's a great story. My son and I took my son's best friend, since high school, bear hunting this last season. He'd never been hunting anything but pheasant and squirrel. He's an avid shooter, very safety oriented and a good guy to hang out with. We hooked him up with the gear that we have been using, got him a rifle, no..........not a Creedmoor, but a 35 Whelen. Well......first day out at 6:40 P.M. he shoots a 362 pound black bear one shot and no tracking involved at all. Now he's hooked on bear hunting and looking forward to next season.

Last edited: