Took a bunch of Gals to Canada

Lethal_Chica

I took a bunch of gals to Alberta, Canada this year... thought you guys might enjoy the photos. If you have never gone to Canada, it is epic waterfowl hunting. I have waterfowl hunted all over the US, and hands down Canada beats them all.

2019_Canada_M_and_L (1 of 1)-4.jpg
2019_Canada_M_and_L (1 of 1).jpg
2019_10_Canada_Waterfowl _Hunt_SO1 (458 of 443).jpg
2019_10_Canada_Waterfowl_Hunt_SO2 (123 of 75).jpg
2019_10_Canada_Waterfowl_Hunt_SO2 (132 of 75).jpg
2019_Canada_MG_Hat_and_Calls (1 of 1).jpg
2019_10_Canada_Waterfowl _Hunt_SO1 (208 of 443).jpg

WOW I DUCK AND GOOSE HUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready to go with them.....

I have heard conflicting stories about going across the border from US and back with shotguns, what was your experiences?????

Can a guy fill out the paperwork in advance?????

What about ACCESS places to go on private land marshes. Is a guy able to talk with the landowner or is everything leased up?????

My fondest memories involve having 10-100 Canada honkers over head with pitched wings ready to land in front of a layout blind.:):):) Nothing can describe the feeling!!!!!!!!!!
ODAVID

Passports..Border Guards...Paperwork? It looks like a lot of fun for sure..But...
But what? :). Canadian here, where I live (northeast Saskatchewan) we get lots of Americans come up for big game, waterfowl, and fishing. Largest walleye on record is from right around where I live. Largest typical whitetail is from within the province of Saskatchewan as well. If it was truly a giant headache to come up here and have some fun I doubt so many of you would be doing it. We like you guys, at least around here.

WOW I DUCK AND GOOSE HUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready to go with them.....

I have heard conflicting stories about going across the border from US and back with shotguns, what was your experiences?????

Can a guy fill out the paperwork in advance?????

What about ACCESS places to go on private land marshes. Is a guy able to talk with the landowner or is everything leased up?????

My fondest memories involve having 10-100 Canada honkers over head with pitched wings ready to land in front of a layout blind.:):):) Nothing can describe the feeling!!!!!!!!!!
ODAVID
Crossing the border with a shotgun and ammo is easy. PM me if you want details. As for access, it is illegal for a landowner to take money for leasing property to hunt in Canada. Yes, you can knock on doors and get permission.

Passports..Border Guards...Paperwork? It looks like a lot of fun for sure..But...
No issues at all. One form needs to be done by US customs. One form by Canada Customs. That is it. If you are bringing birds back, they can be breasted but a wing has to be left attached. 2 years in a row, no issues. Piece of cake!

What's odd to American's (I'm one), usually isn't odd to others.....

I bet the land owner could get creative though by having that person buy a piece of junk on the property for instance, or possibly pay to stay in the barn, etc......

Last edited:
It seems like depriving him of a source of income? I know a Prime lease here in Kentucky
goes for BIG bucks! For years we sold our Tobacco base we didn't grow but were entitled to so much? We sold ours to some one so he could grow more?
That was legal? I grew up farming and EVERY little bit helps!

Last edited:
No I believe you! It's not that I'm having a problem grasping the basis of the law?
A legal hunter pursuing a legal game animal in a fair legal manner on my legally owned property Right? So how can paying me for exclusive access be a crime?

Is "Posting" legal on your own property?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.