Took a bunch of Gals to Canada

I came close last year though. The good thing is she fish (except ice fishing) and shoots with me. :cool:
My wife has occasionally shot with me, she went to cabelas with me a year or two into our marriage and picked out a .22 within our budget. She's not bad with it either. But she has no interest whatsoever in hunting or hearing details about hunting. And I'm just fine with that it turns out, it's important to do things together, but also important to be our own people with our own interests, some separate domains. She cooks the tastiest roasts I've ever had with what I bring home, and supports and organizes time for me to go hunt. She isn't hypocritical, she knows where meat comes from, likes to eat it, doesn't want to hear a lot about how it got to her plate, appreciates my going and getting it. I've come to think it's better, in my particular case, this way. I love my wife, my family, my friends...but to be honest I don't love hunting with other people in general. The mental and I dare say spiritual benefits of being in nature are greatly lost on me if I'm not out there alone. For me it's meant to be prime alone and away time.

Hunting is almost an excuse or justification of this alone and away time. Don't get me wrong I love hunting, but people get hunting and ask no further questions...they look at you funny and worry you're deranged if you say you just want to disappear into the bush in the middle of nowhere in late November in Saskatchewan. But that's what I want. Even above and beyond hunting

In Canada all wildlife is the property of the Crown and thus the property of all Canadians. That is the reason landowners are not allowed to charge fees to hunt the property of the people, even though it is on their land. It also helps to keep hunting open to all people, rich and poor. That isn't to say there aren't a whole bunch of under the table deals that happen, but they aren't legal and you face big fines if it can be proven. You can post your land and in most of Canada it doesn't even have to be posted and you are still required to have permission to be on private land. So effectively, they can keep you out but they can't charge you to hunt on it.

As far as crossing the border with guns, it is very easy going either direction. That should not slow you down if you are considering hunting up here.

Glad you had such a great time.

I would have to concur, I love waterfowling Canada. Went to Sask a couple years ago. Good choice on your dog too btw, I love my chessies!

20161217_084330.jpg

Lethal chica, how did you line that up and where were all the ladies from? Tell us the story please
I am part of a organization that specializes in women's hunting, shooting and fishing adventures. Home (sisterhoodoutdoors.com)

I have been a professional waterfowl guide for a long time and have been taking women hunting for as long as I can remember.

I am part of a organization that specializes in women's hunting, shooting and fishing adventures. Home (sisterhoodoutdoors.com)

I have been a professional waterfowl guide for a long time and have been taking women hunting for as long as I can remember.
I didn't know such an organization and website existed. What a great idea.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.