Too pumped up to fret....over 51 yds!!! 33XC

Like that one good golf shot...now it's on...

How about you show off that long range hammer with some glory pics of it. ;)
1218221611_HDR.jpg

Be glad too!
Defiance Machine Deviant with .75 bolt, 20moa rail
McMillan A5
TriggerTech Diamond
K & P 30in barrel
Axisworks built it, wth their Enabler muzzle brake.
Nightforce SHV SFP 5-25×56
Nightforce rings
Atlas bipod

It hasn't been easy, to get here, as I figure every one here knows. I'd have to say it's more like a labor of love. My own opinion is that if a person does not enjoy a challenge, actually challenges them selves, they're not going to put the effort in. I know a guy, he's always talking about one mile hits. He shoots once or twice a year. I'm not sure people realize what a time investment is in evolved in this sport, and I am in no way denigrating ANYONE that does what my buddy does. At least they shoot, ya know? I'm not at a mile , yet, and may never hit that goal, but I have enjoyed the journey! The low spots, as well. I didn't do it alone, either. This forum has been a wealth of information. Entertaining as all get out, too! ALOT of people on this forum have helped me. Whether they knew it, or not. And I'm very humbled by that.
Again , thank you all for the well wishes, sincerely.

Gregg,
I am happy for you.
I wish you had a mentor.
If you had a good one, your journey to 1K and beyond would have been quicker (with lesser cartridges and shorter barrels).
The downside is, maybe you wouldn't cherish it, like you are now.
The upside is you would already be beyond 1K, albeit with someone else's gun
You have a beautiful ELR rifle for sure, and getting to a mile is not going to be hard as you might think, as long as you pick a time where the conditions are nice.
Having a spotter that knows how to call correction to the center of the target would be helpful, but not necessary as long as you can see your own impacts.
For years, I would take new shooters and get them shooting farther than they ever imagined fairly quick.
Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

Gregg,
I am happy for you.
I wish you had a mentor.
If you had a good one, your journey to 1K and beyond would have been quicker (with lesser cartridges and shorter barrels).
The downside is, maybe you wouldn't cherish it, like you are now.
The upside is you would already be beyond 1K, albeit with someone else's gun
You have a beautiful ELR rifle for sure, and getting to a mile is not going to be hard as you might think, as long as you pick a time where the conditions are nice.
Having a spotter that knows how to call correction to the center of the target would be helpful, but not necessary as long as you can see your own impacts.
For years, I would take new shooters and get them shooting farther than they ever imagined fairly quick.
Thanks for sharing your joy with us.

I would love to help somebody get hooked! What a great idea! As for myself, tho.... It's all good. I hafta learn things the hard way. If I don't, I don't appreciate it as much. I like how I learned what little I know !