Too pumped up to fret....over 51 yds!!! 33XC

Congrads Greg C !!!
Your hooked now !
It dont matter if you were alone or what equipment you used ..you hit the target !

I remember my my first 1000 yard shot very well !! I was alone and had my 300 ultra Sendero Hunting Rifle and a box of factory 210 Nosler Ablr . May she rest in peace now ! 😎😎

I know your excitement very well ! I couldn't wait to get cell service to tell my Brother !
I cant wait to hear about the next shot and the next shot of your !

LRH guys and info has helped me to get my longest Shots !
Thank you for sharing your story!!

Rum Man
Thanks you, Sir! That's a sweet looking rig. I had that same stock, except blue. Really like the look of Boyd's Laminates.

Thanks. I'm adding to it, but still on the Honor system! (Again,no pics...)Today, in a light drizzle(between drizzles) I hit a rock I had picked out and ranged at 1350! Man, is this fun! I could only see about half the hits-maybe I'm not holding it correctly, but 16lb rifle torqued pretty good, and pulls it off target. Even with 1.8 seconds TOF, I usually can't find it again before it's too late. Ah, well, gonna set my gong up, next time! Maybe an adaptor on the spotting scope for a cell phone camera.
Next stop.....ONE MILE. Congrats. I use a spot shot. It is very easy to use and attaches directly.to.the spotting scope. They are under $100. Only downside is that they don't record sound. But instant playback and Bluetooth capability make it possible for anyone on the range to be watching from their phones and see whatever is happening through the scope.

Congrats!! It is very addicting. I remember my first ELR shots. 3/4, first three hit at one mile, missed the fourth. Shooting a home built 260 AI with a rock creek barrel. Shooting across a lake in South Georgia. Mirage and wind got so bad we ended up welding t posts together and hung a target at 1443 in middle of the lake. Consistent hits there but one mile was a no go after sun got above trees. I'll try and include a pic.
1EE1A6E3-6A90-47DB-A860-440E458258FE.jpeg

Next stop.....ONE MILE. Congrats. I use a spot shot. It is very easy to use and attaches directly.to.the spotting scope. They are under $100. Only downside is that they don't record sound. But instant playback and Bluetooth capability make it possible for anyone on the range to be watching from their phones and see whatever is happening through the scope.
Haha, one mile has been my goal for a really, really, long time! Thanks. It is a really addictive thing, them long shots. The sense of accomplishment is very satisfying.
Spot Shot, huh ? I may look into that, thanks !

Oh boy, not its going to get expensive. Congrats and welcome to the ranks.
Thanks ,sir, for the well wishes!
Going to get expensive?! It ain't been cheap to get to this point, why stop now! I'm still super stoked! Every time I remember that shot, I start grinning from ear to ear! I eat, drink and sleep long shots! It's all I talk about! I think I might be driving my friends nuts with it, and my coworkers,and the mail man, the milk man... Heck if I can get somebody on the street to stand still long enough...lol

Congrats!! It is very addicting. I remember my first ELR shots. 3/4, first three hit at one mile, missed the fourth. Shooting a home built 260 AI with a rock creek barrel. Shooting across a lake in South Georgia. Mirage and wind got so bad we ended up welding t posts together and hung a target at 1443 in middle of the lake. Consistent hits there but one mile was a no go after sun got above trees. I'll try and include a pic. View attachment 429907
Wow! Just... Wow. What is the diameter of the gong? AR plate?

It hasn't been easy, to get here, as I figure every one here knows. I'd have to say it's more like a labor of love. My own opinion is that if a person does not enjoy a challenge, actually challenges them selves, theyre not going to put the effort in. I know a guy, he's always talking about one mile hits. He shoots once or twice a year. I'm not sure people realize what a time investment is in evolved in this sport, and I am in no way denigrating ANYONE that does what my buddy does. At least they shoot, ya know? I'm not at a mile , yet, and may never hit that goal, but I have enjoyed the journey! The low spots, as well. I didn't do it alone, either. This forum has been a wealth of information. Entertaining as all get out, too! ALOT of people on this forum have helped me. Whether they knew it, or not. And I'm very humbled by that.
Again , thank you all for the well wishes, sincerely.