Too late to start?

Just getting my Fat Flying Pig number II power bike sorted...

Its the pillow of off road,,, a bit of pedaling at my choosing,,, or power up if it makes life simple
View attachment 212488

Taller handle bars and a pack system too be added,,, we tested these engines up too 700 lbs of pulling load using a 10/48 gear set,,, they pull better in the 5 too 600 lb range...

Of course we have gear sets in the 10/56 on 10/60 that work way better for off road...
This is our groups 8th build,,, pretty sure that it will be fat tire bike from here on in...

Easy to float down any goat path that stands in the way...

Foam liners in the tires prevent flats,,, bolt on the largest disk brakes,,, gear them down for off road,,, and put on the slow speed miles...

All new at $750 Cnd funds/// $500 ish Usd...
This unit ready too ride at the trail head is 42.87 lbs with fuel and extras... super smooth and lite too throw around...

Its sure easy on the back and knees...

Thats what really counts,,, and we can ghost pedale behind the engine if we want too...

A bit of exercise,,, or relax...

North of the 49th Don

If you ever want to sell one of them fat tire jobbies I would be very interested! Cool stuff!

This!

Choose carefully. A hard d**k is the stupidest organ a man's got. The young guys and divorcees should try real hard not to settle for less than ALL of who you NEED in a wife. Unfortunately it is only hindsight that is 20-20. Most of us suck at praying and being patient enough to wait for God to do the match-making. Because we are "so smart". 😫
Copy that......i appreciate your comments greatly......well said !!! :) . will let you guys know how it goes.

Similar situation, have a group of guys that I shoot with offered to take me deer hunting this year. Wife said she won't eat any of it and that is fine with me. I just want to go and try it, and I'm going to! Life is too short to not do the things that you want to try when the opportunity presents.

when I first married years ago my wife did not mind me hunting but said she would eat none of it times got hard money got tight I still got to hunt with friends on their property when all money problems healed up she learned she had been eating it for a couple years hell maybe thats what caused our divorce I did marry better the next time

Similar situation, have a group of guys that I shoot with offered to take me deer hunting this year. Wife said she won't eat any of it and that is fine with me. I just want to go and try it, and I'm going to! Life is too short to not do the things that you want to try when the opportunity presents.
Good For YOU!!!!……You are 100% correct, life is too short to be held back......Please let us know how it goes, thanks so much for your support!

when I first married years ago my wife did not mind me hunting but said she would eat none of it times got hard money got tight I still got to hunt with friends on their property when all money problems healed up she learned she had been eating it for a couple years hell maybe thats what caused our divorce I did marry better the next time

divorce is never easy.....sorry to hear that....but im glad you found a better one like ncboiler said above, Life is too Short, hope it is going well with you.

I would like to thank each & every one of you for your kind words of support on this post. It has been incredible & shows the goodness of this community at large.
Just an update for those who are still wondering what happened.....
As you know BASE 424 extended the most kind offer to hunt Elk with him in Colorado this fall, Never in a zillion years would i have ever thought something like this would fall in my lap....What a gracious & kind thing to do for a total stranger...…Base 424 is the real deal.
Over the summer we kept in touch & with his encouragement (in spite of several obstacles that wanted to derail things) I kept planning for a successful trip to Colorado . I was able to gain the cooperation & support of my loving wife. Her help was invaluable & made things SO much better, however, Within days of my scheduled departure, My Colorado Elk Adventure turned into a Memorial trip for a family member who battled Covid earlier in the summer. Base 424 was completely understanding with an encouraging "there is always next year", so with that rain check, I will use the time to get in better shape, so that next years hunt will be successful......the Elk will be bigger then right?
So stay tuned...….it aint over just yet.

I would like to thank each & every one of you for your kind words of support on this post. It has been incredible & shows the goodness of this community at large.
Just an update for those who are still wondering what happened.....
As you know BASE 424 extended the most kind offer to hunt Elk with him in Colorado this fall, Never in a zillion years would i have ever thought something like this would fall in my lap....What a gracious & kind thing to do for a total stranger...…Base 424 is the real deal.
Over the summer we kept in touch & with his encouragement (in spite of several obstacles that wanted to derail things) I kept planning for a successful trip to Colorado . I was able to gain the cooperation & support of my loving wife. Her help was invaluable & made things SO much better, however, Within days of my scheduled departure, My Colorado Elk Adventure turned into a Memorial trip for a family member who battled Covid earlier in the summer. Base 424 was completely understanding with an encouraging "there is always next year", so with that rain check, I will use the time to get in better shape, so that next years hunt will be successful......the Elk will be bigger then right?
So stay tuned...….it aint over just yet.
Condolences on your family loss, and congrats on having your wife onboard for the hunt opportunity. Best of luck for next year.

I have been married for 35+ yrs. I have never hunted anything but fish & only then a few times a year with 3 fishing buddies. Now my fishing buddies have either retired & moved away or have plain retired. I am the last one working & a co-worker whom i have known & worked with for 25 yrs has invited me Deer Hunting for several years now. I want to go, the deadline for getting tags is in 2 days. This fall i will be 60 yr old. I did not bring it up to my wife before because i know how she feels about hunters......because her dad & uncles hunted & she grew up & did not appreciate their demeanor. Last night i told her i wanted to go this fall, She gave every reason under the sun ranging from , "This is not you" to , "i don't want the mess in the house, i will not eat deer meat, Your 60 yrs old, you have a bad back, you could get shot. You are not going to do this. You did not grow up this way"...…..My question is , How do i get thru to her? I do not want to be insensitive but is hunting worth pursuing at my age? I feel i would regret it if i didn't at least try. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
GO FOR IT !

GO FOR IT !

My dear conflicted friend, when you have your rifle over your shoulder and you are standing on top of a mountain peak, overlooking the valley and snowcapped mountain tops in the distance with a fragrant alpine breeze, you will realize how small you are compared to God's beautiful creation. This revelation will help your heart and mind grow, and your intellect expand with profound truth, knowledge and acceptance of the universal master artist.

Some people call this hunting.

Cheers,
Sam Esaw, CFP
<><

I have been married for 35+ yrs. I have never hunted anything but fish & only then a few times a year with 3 fishing buddies. Now my fishing buddies have either retired & moved away or have plain retired. I am the last one working & a co-worker whom i have known & worked with for 25 yrs has invited me Deer Hunting for several years now. I want to go, the deadline for getting tags is in 2 days. This fall i will be 60 yr old. I did not bring it up to my wife before because i know how she feels about hunters......because her dad & uncles hunted & she grew up & did not appreciate their demeanor. Last night i told her i wanted to go this fall, She gave every reason under the sun ranging from , "This is not you" to , "i don't want the mess in the house, i will not eat deer meat, Your 60 yrs old, you have a bad back, you could get shot. You are not going to do this. You did not grow up this way"...…..My question is , How do i get thru to her? I do not want to be insensitive but is hunting worth pursuing at my age? I feel i would regret it if i didn't at least try. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
I've been married almost 50 years and I still love to hunt. My wife wasn't great for the idea but I decided that I had to do it because it made me happy and every time I was out there I prayed and got closer to God. It was the silence and peace that I needed to become what God wanted me to become. Sure there is the killing of the animal but God gave us animals to serve us and for us to be good stewards of our world. I hope that your wife prays on it and I pray for a good outcome for you. God bless

My dear conflicted friend, when you have your rifle over your shoulder and you are standing on top of a mountain peak, overlooking the valley and snowcapped mountain tops in the distance with a fragrant alpine breeze, you will realize how small you are compared to God's beautiful creation. This revelation will help your heart and mind grow, and your intellect expand with profound truth, knowledge and acceptance of the universal master artist.

Some people call this hunting.

Cheers,
Sam Esaw, CFP
<><
Yes, the two most spiritual experiences I've had in my lifetime were both "Hunting". Neither were in a Church. One was sitting on top of a mountain in Colorado during a whiteout. The other was in an open field in Canada bathed in an Aurora. Both were not only moving, but life changing.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.