Too late to start?

I'd say do whatever the hell you want. It's not to late. What she doesn't know don't hurt her. And if she does find out, tell her tough ****. Just make sure you practice shooting and know your rifle and projectiles trajectory well before shooting the animal. It's been 35 years but if she don't support you then she ain't the one!

"i don't want the mess in the house, i will not eat deer meat,
That is a reasonable excuse for her and you should honor that. No mess in the house, no venison steaks for her, no problem.

Your 60 yrs old, you have a bad back
What happens if you hurt your back? Will she be supportive and help you recover? Or will she say "Told you so!" and refuse to help you mend your body?

You are not going to do this.
Sounds like you have a more serious problem. It sounds like you have let her be this way for 35 years. She sounds very disrespectful. The question is "Will you going hunting ruin your marriage?"

...…..My question is , How do i get thru to her? I do not want to be insensitive but is hunting worth pursuing at my age? I feel i would regret it if i didn't at least try. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
She sounds very unreasonable and selfish. It sounds like you have let her be this way for 35 years. It will be near impossible to undo all of that prior to your hunt.

This is a great example for younger guys to not allow their wife to behave this way early in the relationship. Set a higher standard early on and she won't turn into this later.

That is a reasonable excuse for her and you should honor that. No mess in the house, no venison steaks for her, no problem.

What happens if you hurt your back? Will she be supportive and help you recover? Or will she say "Told you so!" and refuse to help you mend your body?

Sounds like you have a more serious problem. It sounds like you have let her be this way for 35 years. She sounds very disrespectful. The question is "Will you going hunting ruin your marriage?"

She sounds very unreasonable and selfish. It sounds like you have let her be this way for 35 years. It will be near impossible to undo all of that prior to your hunt.

This is a great example for younger guys to not allow their wife to behave this way early in the relationship. Set a higher standard early on and she won't turn into this later.

I can understand why some people have said the things they say, perhaps i leaned too heavily in one direction in my original post when describing my wife's objections.....that said, i am blessed with a woman who keeps a nice, clean & tidy home. She does more than her share of chores inside the home & outside as well with no complaint. So i can appreciate her not wanting an animal carcass in the house as she would be the one cleaning things up.

As for my back, she has already nursed me back to health numerous times since my back surgery whenever i had a spasm for no apparent reason. I had L5S1 Discectomy many years ago. For many months prior to the surgery, i was in incredible debilitating pain. The Series of Cortisone shots did nothing, I could not work, sit, walk, or lay on my back. The only thing i could do was lay on one side & hope the Vicodin would not wear off too quickly.....I was in total Misery as was she. However she stepped up & fought with insurance companies & doctors, cooked for me, cleaned me & gave me hope when i thought I would lose my job & our home. So i can understand her not wanting to repeat any of that.....perhaps the worst of it was for her, watching someone you love be in that state & not being able to relieve any of their pain.
As for respect, well respect in any healthy relationship is earned & not handed over like a pair of gloves, Exercising good judgement in a variety of circumstances is a learned skill & takes time. She has a skill for thinking in ways that are not apparent to me , which has saved my bacon in many ways over the years....& vice versa.
Selfishness is not really her style, quite the opposite....She has supported my fishing addiction for many decades, even packing my bags & preparing meals for my buddies for the long weekends that she never got to participate in cause it was a guy thing.
After thinking about this for several months now, i think that she will come around in ways that will even surprise her. I appreciate everyone's replies & support. It is interesting to say the least.

Why would you drag a animal carcass in the house? Also invite her to go along on your fishing trips. If she complains the whole time, don't do it again. And go hunting. Drop the deer off at the processor on the way home.

I'm 61 and have been deer hunting since I was 16. Early on it was about the chase and the kill. For the past 30 years it's been 100% about the camp house and lifetime friends I've made. Hunting is just the excuse to get together and have fun. Does your wife ever get together with the girls to do anything? This is your chance to make that comparison. Life is waaay too short, man. Do do what you want to do. She'll probably be ****ed off about something else anyway.

Well guys, it's been a while since James posted and wanted to know if it was too late for him to start elk hunting. I offered him a hunt, he responded. We've been talking online and are planning on an elk hunt in southwest Colorado this fall. Life has thrown a few hurdles in front of him but I'm optimistic he'll make it. I'll keep everybody up to speed as things progress. Stay on James and keep the stoke alive!

I took on the power bikes and standard bikes this year in the mountains...

No rock star here,,, just doing my own thing...
Built 8 power bikes and kept my hard core mountain unit stock
20200822_100604.jpg

20200820_170330.jpg

20200817_130339.jpg
20200530_111901.jpg

Do what we can do,,, at least try that is... Ha...

Push the edges at our choosing,,, relax when we want...

I pedal the power bikes where ever I want too,,, at the end of the day """if""" I had enough,,, i fire up the engine and book it back too the staging area 👍👍

Don

I took on the power bikes and standard bikes this year in the mountains...

No rock star here,,, just doing my own thing...
Built 8 power bikes and kept my hard core mountain unit stock
View attachment 210448
View attachment 210449

View attachment 210450
View attachment 210451

Do what we can do,,, at least try that is... Ha...

Push the edges at our choosing,,, relax when we want...

I pedal the power bikes where ever I want too,,, at the end of the day """if""" I had enough,,, i fire up the engine and book it back too the staging area 👍👍

Don
AWESOME!!!!…...Very Cool Bikes as well!!!...…..i remember the "bike hikes" we went on when i was a kid.....oh how i wished i had one of them little motors back then at the end of the day to get me home......it was ALL pedal power.....Very cool, thank you for sharing......Keep on peddling on!!!

I say do whatever you want to. I'm 86 and still shoot, hunt very little, have a 22 foot boat
and still go salt water fishing. Belong to two gun clubs that have decent ranges for both
pistol and rifle.

Zeke
I can only hope to be so active if i make it to your age, no doubt all that activity has kept you young.....you are an inspiration sir.....I wish you many many more years in the wood & in the salt!!!! Keep on keeping on!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.