Too late to start?

Sounds as if the power split in your family is well delineated. Be happy with cleaning house and watching ball game. Sounds like your future is planned............sorry buddy................FWB

Huh?

Again, huh?
An analogy would be, you are much younger. An ingenue at work, her name tag is 36DD, comes up to you and asks if you would like to spend an evening out together. You live in your parents' basement. The house rule is "permission to stay out late or have someone over."
Your reply to her is, "I will definitely keep this in mind & hope to be contacting you in the near future." I can hear the comical, descending horn, "wha, wha, wha, wha, wha."
Edit to add: twenty years ago, an offer of similar nature and huge generosity was made to me. Knowing the nature of my wife, I asked her, she said "no." I thanked the offerer and declined. He reasserted the offer. I declined again, this time out of pride. I have since done business with that individual and found him to be a completely outstanding bloke.
In retrospect, were I asked again, I'd have jumped all over it like my gut told me to.

Your analogy is amusing, lol & advice, well sobering. I know i will regret it if i do not go.....fortunately there is a bit of time before fall to soften my wife up.. although summer is ticking away quick. I have contacted Base424 & we are in touch, just as in your case, he is an outstanding bloke as well. I am humbled beyond belief at what has transpired over this simple inquiry......All the replies have been incredibly encouraging & supportive. Thank you so much for this one as well,
Stay tuned, its not over till its over.

Your analogy is amusing, lol & advice, well sobering. I know i will regret it if i do not go.....fortunately there is a bit of time before fall to soften my wife up.. although summer is ticking away quick. I have contacted Base424 & we are in touch, just as in your case, he is an outstanding bloke as well. I am humbled beyond belief at what has transpired over this simple inquiry......All the replies have been incredibly encouraging & supportive. Thank you so much for this one as well,
Stay tuned, its not over till its over.
First thought that came to mind:
Your reply bleeds with resignation, suggesting it was already over before your initial enquiry. You already knew you wanted this and needed Answers to grow a pair.
Remove the gag ball and butt plug. Stand up, live, stop being controlled and humiliated.

More tempered response: Good luck!

Interesting thread! Being I do not know you or your wife, situation, all of it, I say the sanctity of marriage comes first. Why, because at this age, we have worked all our lives to get set up for these times. We planned, invested, reduced debt, all for one thing, to settle in comfortably. We take politics more serious now than when we were younger, why, because now we have more to lose.
We can talk of being at one with friends, nature, the game you pursue, but in truth, where we are at one is at home, with our spouses.
I am not saying you could not talk her into seeing your side, that would be great, we need get aways. And I hope you can, it is not right for a spouse to hold the other back. BUT, you are talking a one time this yr hunt, what about next yr? You have so much fun, next your deer trip will not be enough, and you need an antelope too. Elk are magnificent, going to need that too, cascading effect.

I really hope you can make this work with her blessing.

After 37 yrs, I know one thing, "the silent treatment" is never that, it just means she does not want to hear from you, and every move you make is now open for criticism. You leave the toilet seat up, BAM, being you are cooking for yourself, grease on the ceramic stove top, BAM, a sock doesn't make the clothes hamper, BAM, you get my drift, life is not good, lol

Last edited:
Wow!
19 pages and an offer to hunt in Colorado. If you don't go I see ID theft in your future. You are either a lucky guy or this was the ultimate forum troll,,, ever.

I am not the person for marital/relationship advise. If you decide to get rid of her, I am your man lol. One of many apparently.

There is a constant theme woven in here from some folks with real life lessons. Life is short. Tomorrow or next year may not be an option. Your health may not outlive your money. Regret is a terrible thing. You only live once. Live. Laugh. Love. Like there is no tomorrow. Because tomorrow is not guaranteed. Only you know what is right for you.

Man, it's been a bit since I visited this thread.... That Colorado hunt is making me jealous lol.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, my wife is happy to let me hunt basically whenever I want (I think mainly to get me out of her hair lol) and happy to go hunt with me occasionally. She's not a fan of predator hunting without a reason, and I respect that. Neither of us is particularly interested in shooting something we won't enjoy eating, and we have plenty of pelts and mounts.

That said, if I treated my wife the way some of you guys are recommending, I'm pretty certain she'd decide to take up bear bating...

Man, it's been a bit since I visited this thread.... That Colorado hunt is making me jealous lol.

I guess I'm pretty lucky, my wife is happy to let me hunt basically whenever I want (I think mainly to get me out of her hair lol) and happy to go hunt with me occasionally. She's not a fan of predator hunting without a reason, and I respect that. Neither of us is particularly interested in shooting something we won't enjoy eating, and we have plenty of pelts and mounts.

That said, if I treated my wife the way some of you guys are recommending, I'm pretty certain she'd decide to take up bear bating...
By filling your pockets with bacon...?

I have a friend, if he goes elk hunting, he comes to new family room furniture. New pickup, new granite counter tops. Too many weekends deer hunting, new dining room table set.
Nothing like discussing the fresh start over a meal on a shiny new table.

although summer is ticking away quick.
I read your full response here to my wife. She responded, "You know what else is ticking away quick? Your life." Take her advice to heart. My buddies backed out on the South Dakota prairie dog hunt this year due to Covid 19 fear. Good Lord willing I will have 2 months of bow hunting and just shy of 3 weeks rifle/muzzleloader deer hunting here along with 2 out of State deer hunting trips. Life is short and there are NO guarantees. Go for the gusto sir.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.