tok alaska area

elktaxi1

so doing some thinking about moving is anyone from the area around tok or salena or down to Glennallen or up toward fairbanks. what is it like and what are the school like. dont need a job i'm retired. biggest questions is schools and hunting. any help would be great.

Can't help you with information about the schools in that area, but the hunting around TOK is exceptional. I spent time in TOK, Northway, and Chisana. Hunted the Wrangell's in Chisana for Sheep, Moose, and Grizz. I have a few good friends in the area if you need any contacts.

thanks joel thats great will pm you in a few days to maybe talk to you and a friend or two. finding out it seams to be a great area for hunting and fishing and just gets better after becoming a resident.

Did you ever make the move? I'm headed to Tok on Tuesday to teach Math for the rest of the school year (perhaps longer if I like it). I would love to find someone to bomb around with, look at critters, and learn the area.

no sorry we love the area but the company i work for forced me to north dakota for another year than we will be up. we did buy a place between delta and tok. and spent some time there great area and peopl you will love it

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.