Today's Society...

Re: Today\'s Society...

DC,

OH......hell yes!!!!! That will work.

How did the chain saw work on Carols foot?

I have lots of pain pills I can send, just let me know.

cya, Vern

This is on my agenda for change ASAP.

Enough is enough. We will bring the jobs back to America.
All products coming into this Country will be taxed so heavily the American companys won't be able to have their products made in another country.
They may just have to pay the American worker a bit more then their counterparts in China and japan and other third rate countries to make up for the large Tax I will levy against them.

Joe Smith started the day early, having set his alarm clock (MADE IN
> JAPAN) for 6 a.m. While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he
shaved
> with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE
> IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE
IN
> KOREA). After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN
> INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he
> could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN
> TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY)
and
> continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet
> another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while.
He
> put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE
IN
> FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he
> can't find a good paying job in.....AMERICA..... Keep this circulating!!!
>
>
>
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[ 10-26-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Have your brother or whoever has the Duromax
check where his was made?
I believe they are assembled in Canada to. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to the inside of the door, his 2003 Duramax was made in Pontiac Michagan.

Had a great weekend. Helped a friend with his two 13 yeard old boys fill cow elk tags. First elk for the two boys, second elk for the friend. Nothing long range, but memorable. I could post pictures of a gas powered chevy filled with 3 cow elk though.

Wish you could make it to Colorado Darryl. On the bright side not much chance of snow anyway and may be a tough year with all the good weather.

[ 10-26-2003: Message edited by: QuietHunter ]

4mesh063
"Unemployment is nothing more than WELFARE for lazy people who had a job once and don't want to say they're on WELFARE but still want the government handout! Go turn off the TV and get a job. That's the cure for "Unemployment"."

If you have the time, I'll present you some facts from the last time I collected unemployment.
Three years with the company, (United States Gypsum, Trade name is Sheetrock) before being laid off. Initional plant employment level 79 (from plant manager to newest hire, inclusive), # laid off in first round of cuts 39, # laid off in second round 12 (plus 3 early retires). Total # of managment positions cut 0. Highest production personal wage (at this plant) was equil to 75% of the national average for the industry (IRS wage stats, mining), or 10 years behind the national industry wage curve (censis data). Reason for layoffs, managment had never done necessory major maintenance to the most vital piece of shipping equipment (1.5 mile long, over water, bucket tramway) since it was built in the 1930's, dispite repeated requests to repair/upgrade the tramway (I've seen the propasals dating back into the late 1950's). Cant ship the rock, don't need the people.
You complament me with the thought of making 39K in 9 months there, try 80K in 36 months and you will be a lot closer to the truth. BTW, I was a electrician there, and between the first and second layoffs, designed and built the controls for there new screening and (truck) loading facility, which BTW reduced the screen/load staff level from 13/shift to 3/shift.
It took 7 months to locate employment (with a hernated disk in my back, I can't buck a chainsaw 10 hours a day for min wage, which is about the only steady work around here), what with my job search area being somewhat limited by my self-imposed 800 mile radius (it's nice to be able to get home to see the wife and kids at least once a month), yes I even applied for work in both eastern and western PA, along with another USG facility in Utah (easy flights out of Vegas, allowing for trips home).
Check the Michigan Unemployment websites www.michiganworks.com job postings for Iosco county, and you might get a better picture of the realities here (what jobs and wages are available).
I'm currently working 160 miles from home, (not that you give a rat's ***) and only get to see my wife and kids 2 days a week (again, not that you care) but it is getting the bills paid.
Thanks again for your dose of elatest ****, it leaves such a wonderful taste in my mouth.
Bob Aldred
aka Tailgunner

&lt;snip&gt;

Isn't this country great? You have your opinion, I've got mine. You are absolutely right, I don't feel sorry for you or anyone else for that matter. Life goes on. Mine, Yours, everyones. Take steps to move forward after this setback and you WILL be better for it.

QH

But, but, but QH, assembled in the US and then a Jap engine dropped in it.
rolleyes.gif

I could accept a Detroit diesel dropped into it like Chevy has always done but, NEVER
mad.gif
a Jap engine. Never, never, never.

I have heard how warm it has been but, I still miss not being there and enjoying all the people we have met and hunted with.

After 13 years in a row we will have to start another string next year.

Take care and hope you fellows do well and fill all tags.

We miss being there.

Later
DC
smile.gif

DC, you also get my vote. I'm right there with you,on all you said. One other thought I was in Tokio in the Navy and I was just wondering just how many US produtcts I could find or see being used. Well I was shocked I saw signs of home all over the place. It was like being in New York city. But under closer inspection I walked into the Gap clothing store Levis, ect.ect. and all the tags said made in Japan! Then I remebered that everything we by comes form Japan!
confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.