Today's Society...

Re: Today\'s Society...

Steve- That a boy I knew you would be with me!
Darryl- Hey even though my nickname is Spike can I still have the button pusher job-Maybe we can keep that spike thing to the freaks with colors not naturally occurring and being held up by super glue!!!

Hi Guys,

First, thanks for the kind words. I bear no anger anymore, Americans for the most part are like sheep, led around convinced to do whatever our government says,"right or wrong".

Most Americans don't want to be bothered, they take the attitude let someone else deal with it. **** shame to, when you consider all the rights we have as Americans.

Most of the problem, "as I see it" is the media, in the 60's and 70's they took the camera's to nam and showed American's the brutality of war at their "supper table". In most cases blaming us for an ugly war. I couldn't convince one of them go north with me to see what the NVA & VC were doing to our boys. I never torchered anyone, but these people made it an art. 800 years of fighting with themselves and anyone would try to help. Not one cameraman would track north to see the sites I live with today. Yet they made us look like the bad guys.

Young and stupid, I thought I was fighting a war for one less commie country.

Now, here we are in the middle east fighting terrorist that hide behind children and women. Well DC, I'll take you up on your offer. If I remember right, from school they thought us that "if you heat sand, hot enough it turns to glass" hmmmm I can think of about seven countries over there that would look good as a "Pepsi bottle".

We can all sit here bitching and writing about how to make things better or pick up the sword and make the change ourselves.

It's been over 34 years sence high school but I seem to remember something about what Mr. Jefferson said about, from time to time we will need to trim the branches from the tree of liberty. I'm old and can't remember the quote but I remember the intent.

God bless America! later, Vern

Ps,Steve I feel for your Dad, they told us that crap they sprayed down on us was harmless. I still get those hard white lumps in my skin, that finially bust open and the crap comes out. Scaley, dry places that just pop up on my arms, feet and legs.
I don't ask the VA for anything either.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> I think school taxes should be paid by "everyone" who works and has any kind of ajob. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to disagree with this one. Actually, I would like to see an alternative.

If you are qualified to teach your own kids, or you are simpley fed up with having your kids learn about acceptance of gay/lesbian lifestyles in school and choose a non-public institution, should you still have to pay school taxes?

I have never completely agreed with anyone running for public office, so don't be offended. I would sure vote for you at this point.

Baldeagle 713,

A Dodge????????? A dodge is like being with a "hoe" it feels good, just done want to be seen with it!
tongue.gif

later, Vern

Hey Vern

I may have to rethink that Foreign affairs job for you.

I drive a Dodge Diesel and after my Ford Diesel, I'll keep driving a Dodge.
grin.gif
It's a bad Mother, especially since I put the Banks kit in it.

It feels good driving it and you don't have to be with a "hoe" unless of course you want to.

Later
DC
smile.gif

Quite Hunter

If you do not send your kids to a Public school and send them to a private school instead, there should be a Voucher system to transfer those funds (Tax dollars) from the public system to the private school.

This is happening in more States then you think and I feel it is a very good idea.

Most people are NOT qualified for "Home Schooling" of their children so I feel these people shouild still pay the school tax.

The only fair way to fund the schools is for everyone who works, to pay into it. Not just the property owner.

The Voucher system works.

Later
DC

Ahem....

I drive a 2002 Ford Crew Cab Dually Diesel w/ the Banks system... and I do alot of driving...
I havn't found a Dodge w/or w/out a Banks system that can keep up or pull like mine....

Rumor is the Ford will have an option for a Cat... OH man.... !!!!

but hey I might be biased and maybe just lost my bid for home security officer in this campain.....

Ric

First let me ask, have you had both Dodge and Ford Diesels to make the comparison?

As for my cabinet, you can drive a Ford, Chevy or Dodge. really don't matter as long as they are diesels.

When you put Banks kits on them, they all run "much" better.
My Ford didn't have the banks kit.If I had put one on it, the automatic Transmission would have gone for sure as it was making some funny noises and the transmission shop advised getting a Dodge as the auto transmissions were terrible in the Fords and still are.

Better not take on the Dodge "High Output" that has the Banks in it though. Sorry to say I don't have that one. You will get the surprise of your life. They only put the 6 speed standard shifts in this Dodge. No auto trans will handle the power.
Fords weakest link is their auto transmissions. That's why I sold mine.

I have two friends who have them (the High Output Dodge with the Banks kit) and there hasen't been a Ford or Chevy to take them while under tow yet.
grin.gif

In fact, written on their bug sheilds they have---"Ford This" in large letters.

Straight from the factory---The Dodge HO rules. Put the Banks on both and the Dodge Cummins HO, still rules.
grin.gif

After having both Ford and Dodge diesels, my first pick would be the Dodge with or without the banks kits in either one.

Just my 2 cents worth after having the two brands.
This is just like calibers, we all have our favorites.

Later
DC
smile.gif

[ 10-22-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

DC,

In all the years I've known you thats the first mistake I've seen you make
tongue.gif

D-arryls,O-pion,D-eserves,G-reat,E-ffort
"but" R-arely, A-dmitts, M-istakes.
Dodge Ram?

I hope your term as Pres. lasts long the the Dodge.
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Later, Vern

Hey Vern

That was good.

I'd be the first to admit if a mistake were made but, in this instance the only mistake would have been, if i had bought a Chevy diesel.

One thing for sure, it wouldn't be a "Chevy" I'd be seen in.
grin.gif
I think those are popular in Virginia though. Are you still driving your Chevy or did you go to a "Japanese" brand??

It's Dodge diesel all the way for this candidate.

Dodge
Darryl's-Opinion-Does-Get-Electoral Votes

Later
DC
grin.gif

As an add on here---If you keep that up Vern, I will sell your rifle out from under you to pay for campaign costs.
tongue.gif

[ 10-22-2003: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

lol DC,

You hit the nail on the head, Toyota! I needed something that would last as long as the payments...so.

Please don't sell my gun brother! Oh and this is mostly Ford country I think.

cya, Vern

Vern

The old saying in Glenwood Colorado where we hunt, as said by the residents is-----
"On slow nights they sit around and listen to Chevys rust"

That area is Dodge country followed by Ford.

I won't sell your gun if your a good boy..
wink.gif

Later
DC
smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>That area is Dodge country followed by Ford.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see more Silverados than Dodges around here. Last camp I was in had 4 Silverados, one Dodge and an old Bronco II - it was okay, the Dodge owner hung his head in shame appropriatly
grin.gif

I do like those Duramax's.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.