To shoot or not to shoot????

Hmmm
3.5 Year Old What are your thought's

Problem is these pics are taken less than 100yds from a gravel road.

next year he could add 30 to 50 inches so most of the dilemma is he's at 150 now
Can I get the gps coordinates of this deer because I feel I could give you better advice if I see him in person LOL. But on a serious note where I hunt in Nebraska I would probably shoot him but when I go to Kansas I let those walk. If It was on private ground I would probably wait it out.

Bucks have a very high mortality rate around here. That may be a factor in your area too....

They use it all up in the rut and then have nothing left for winter. Lots of people feed them (nobody seems to care about feeding laws around here) so some of them do ok. It's not uncommon to see 20 or more in silage/corn bunks every morning and evening. A local farmer said he gets herds eating together in his bunks.

I live in an area where you don't let a deer like that walk, get a chance, take him yourself!! I tried to let a nice broken up 140" deer walk a few years back, only to find he had been taken by the neighbor just after he had left from in front of my stand. I heard him shoot but of course didn't know until later that it was the buck I had passed. Your decision,,,,good luck making it.

Id bowhunt him if I could.I would really want see him grow up,and would hunt the other 5x5.Then go for the 7x7

3.5 Year Old What are your thought's

Problem is these pics are taken less than 100yds from a gravel road.

next year he could add 30 to 50 inches so most of the dilemma is he's at 150 now
Well, he did not get that big and live this long by walking out along the gravel road during the daylight. But then again--there are the night-time spotlight hunters to worry about. He may be good at hiding through the whole season. Just don't know enough about your neighbors and the surrounding territory to give a good yes or no answer. I would probably shoot him because I have never seen a deer that big alive.

I had my eye on a 160 type,hunted all season.He ran with a very heavy 4x4 that had 6'' brows,could shot that buck many times,and another the same,in different spot.Moved all over,and missed him one eve,shooting from top down when I normally do opposite with my bow. Next season,shot a bigger one looking for him.Next season I got him,never saw either of the 4 pts again