To restock or not?

Gunner1

I recently purchased a N.I.B. Remington Model 700 Sendero SF II in 300 winmag. I've tested the clearance and a $20 bill will pass untouched from the fore end of the stock to the chamber. So my question is this: would replacing the factory stock with say a Manners or a Whiskey 3 chassis system really offer any advantage? I know that I'd be able to adjust length of pull and comb height, but as far as accuracy goes would there be a difference? Not only that but is there a market for factory stock take-offs that would allow me to offset the $1000 price tag of these high-end stocks?

senduros come with an excellent stock. Skim bed it and go shoot. If the gun wont shoot good with the HS stock that comes with it, I would look at hand loads or barrel.

If weight is a concern then there are lots of stocks that are much lighter than the factory stock. If not then skim bed your stock and see what it does. I agree with Angus, then check the barrel.
I recently bought a Manners stock and was very impressed with it.
My brother has the same rig and we skim bedded it and it shoots between 1/2 and 3/4 MOA with proper loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.