To muzzle break or not to muzzle break

I just got my 33 nosler together and have only fired it maybe 10 times.
It's not the first rifle that I've had a break on but needed on this one!
I put a MBM Beast on it and the back blast is very noticeable!
I have to say that I have never been a fan of a break mainly because of the added noise.

My question is do any of you remove the break for hunting season?
Usually when hunting you don't even feel the rifle go off.

Gary
Just completed a hunt and did leave the brake installed... I have the heat molded ear pro that is very comfortable and quick to insert. I had ample time to pop the ear pro in as I set up for my shot on a buck and a mountain lion. Eventually I will hunt suppressed when my tax stamp clears.

I never have used a brake while and NEVER remember the recoil. I shoot a 7 STW and use a brake at the bench

Years ago I used to use a 7-.300 Weatherby. I never notice the recoil or blast. One day I saw a deer which already saw me and didn't run. Figuring it was not going to run, I took my time, sat down, took a very steady rest, and fired. To my amazement I really felt the recoil and heard the blast. Since then I use a brake and electronic hearing protection.

[QUOTE="445 supermag:
I have brake on my 7mm mag for spotting my shots[/QUOTE]
This! I hunt alone a lot and try to spot my own impacts as part of my post shot/follow through.

If there is any kind of rearward deflection of the 'blast'. It will decrease recoil but at the expense of you wearing it in the face. Ports should face out from the bore line at 90deg..
You may solved my question about brakes.

I began using a muzzle break for hunting when I began extending my shooting distances. For me, the greatest benefit is muzzle control for spotting impact. While I have never been recoil sensitive, I have found them to make shooting more pleasant and have gotten use to the effects of a break. I use the Sound Gear ear plugs which protect my hearing, and still maintain hearing acuity.

I vehemently disagree. I did lots of recoil testing with a slide. My brakes have rearward ports and never come off. Electronic muffs when I hunt and earplugs and muffs at the range.

The blast will more likely hit you in the face, not the muzzle brake comes off ! Hope that clarifies things for you or are you trolling ?

The blast will more likely hit you in the face, not the muzzle brake comes off ! Hope that clarifies things for you or are you trolling ?
I carry a little tool to make sure the brake is not loose, I agree that the blast may hit him in the face My custom brake has ports perpindicular to the bore

At a minimum, all those against wearing hearing protection while hunting should at least put one plug in your phone ear at all times. No sense at all in ruining both your ears. If you dont agree with that just hit yourself in the kneecap with a hammer. Either way it is intentional injury.

Problem with that is you can't tell direction with one ear plugged (or if deaf in one ear). Kinda defeats the purpose of hearing a twig snap and knowing there is an animal if you are looking in the wrong direction.

Problem with that is you can't tell direction with one ear plugged (or if deaf in one ear). Kinda defeats the purpose of hearing a twig snap and knowing there is an animal if you are looking in the wrong direction.
Very true walk, stop listen, and move on
That twig breaking can make all the difference

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.