To Float or not to Float......

I am wondering if the fact that it is a 1.250 straight contour has any thing to do with the barrel life. Thats a lot of barrel to heat up, but still it amazes me.......just dont look at the throat with a bore scope:) It is ugly.

James, the sako is doing great! I took it to the range one day and tried to see how good I can group it at 100 yards. I shot one 0.19 and several 0.25 in perfect little clover leaves. I was very impressed with the gun. I also noticed how much the weight of the gun, shape of stock, and trigger aided in accuracy. Now shooting my stock Ruger and stock Rem 700 are no fun at all...:D I think I am hooked!

Btw, I like the green gun. That thing is a shoot for sure. I shot a .890 at 600yards with it at Eddybo's place. I was amazed myself! ha.. I will shoot that gun anyday in F-class. I think Eddybo wanted to shoot it after he saw how good it was shooting:)

I am not real sure what I am going to do with the Ruger and the Rem 700. It sounds like floating the barrel is going to be more work than I thought. The way you put it James,it seems like you need to bed the action if you are going to float the barrel. I don't know if I am ready for that. More reading to come!

DoubleG

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.