To bed or not to bed barrel shank proof research?

stazmania

6.5 creedmoor build. Proof sendero light, 24", McMilian edge stock. If anyone has bedded the barrel shank, what was your result? Also any other thoughts/opinions welcome.

Shoot it without bedding it first. If you are happy with the results then don't bed it, if you aren't happy with the results then bed it and see if it shoots better. I tend to bed all of mine. You didn't say what the action is. You are ok to bed the shank but don't go past it

The action is a defiance anti x. This is my first Carbon barrel, My gut tells me not to bed it, and your point about trying it first is well taken and what I intend to do. I have read on forum post from several different shooters that have many carbon barreled rifles and have burned out and replaced several all with great results. I am hoping to gain some insight from them before I get there, My rifle is in pieces yet to be assembled. Thanks

The action is a defiance anti x. This is my first Carbon barrel, My gut tells me not to bed it, and your point about trying it first is well taken and what I intend to do. I have read on forum post from several different shooters that have many carbon barreled rifles and have burned out and replaced several all with great results. I am hoping to gain some insight from them before I get there, My rifle is in pieces yet to be assembled. Thanks
I have a few proof barrels. When I installed them they shot great. I decided to bed the lug only to see if improved. If it did it was very little. I don't bed the shanks because I change my barrels and what might fit one manufacturer may not work for a different manufacturer. With your anti x pre-fit barrels are available whether proof, preferred, or a barrel from a gunsmith and you may end up with a different manufacturer down the road.