TMR from Leupold

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by R.C.Saul, May 28, 2010.

1. R.C.Saul

R.C.Saul Well-Known Member

Does anyone have one & what are the pros / cons? I'm considering sending one of my scopes to Leupold to get the reticle put in.

2. Oliveralan

Oliveralan Well-Known Member

It's a great varminting crosshair. I love it. I just wish it were made in a MOA reticle, that would be the perfect combination.

3. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

The big appeal of that reticle is it's .2 mil-rangefinding capability. It's fine for downrange zeroing as well at 0.5 mil increments.

4. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

pro's: It's a mil based reticle, easier to range with then mildots(especially beginners), more precise hold over/hold off reference points(especially beginners), hollowed center cross doesn't cover target.

con's:If you're getting one installed it probably means your reticle and turret adjustments won't match, but that has been the case for many-many years and has worked to this point(shooter preference).

I personally prefer it (or similar) over dots or a generic drop reticle like the VH I have in one scope.

5. xdeano

xdeano Well-Known Member

I wish it had a small dot in the center of the open cross hairs. Other than that it's a great reticle. At a distance the little open center looks a lot larger than you'd think and it's hard to get an exact fix on center and target, it's more like a guess.

xdeano

6. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Not Hyjacking

I have an IOR with the MP8 (same as TMR) got it on loan for a time. No manual and the guy who give it to me dosent know how to use the scope. I know how to use Mil dot but I can figuer this out. Seams like a few of you know how to read pleae help PM

7. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Not much but I stumble into this one and hopefully it'll help you ...

IOR MP-8 Tactical Reticle at Impact Guns Home

Good luck!

Ed

8. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me FEENIX your the man thanks so much thats just what I need man. I looked high and low for this.

BY the way go TMR over MIL DOT