TMR from Leupold

R.C.Saul

Does anyone have one & what are the pros / cons? I'm considering sending one of my scopes to Leupold to get the reticle put in.

The big appeal of that reticle is it's .2 mil-rangefinding capability. It's fine for downrange zeroing as well at 0.5 mil increments.

pro's: It's a mil based reticle, easier to range with then mildots(especially beginners), more precise hold over/hold off reference points(especially beginners), hollowed center cross doesn't cover target.

con's:If you're getting one installed it probably means your reticle and turret adjustments won't match, but that has been the case for many-many years and has worked to this point(shooter preference).

I personally prefer it (or similar) over dots or a generic drop reticle like the VH I have in one scope.

I wish it had a small dot in the center of the open cross hairs. Other than that it's a great reticle. At a distance the little open center looks a lot larger than you'd think and it's hard to get an exact fix on center and target, it's more like a guess.

xdeano

Not Hyjacking

I have an IOR with the MP8 (same as TMR) got it on loan for a time. No manual and the guy who give it to me dosent know how to use the scope. I know how to use Mil dot but I can figuer this out. Seams like a few of you know how to read pleae help PM

Not Hyjacking

I have an IOR with the MP8 (same as TMR) got it on loan for a time. No manual and the guy who give it to me dosent know how to use the scope. I know how to use Mil dot but I can figuer this out. Seams like a few of you know how to read pleae help PM

Not much but I stumble into this one and hopefully it'll help you ...

IOR MP-8 Tactical Reticle at Impact Guns Home

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.