TMOA Reticle

I have the VX6 4-24 and VX6 3-18 and really like them.
If I had my way every scope I own would have an open center. You can actually shoot EXACTLY where you are aiming instead of aiming at a point covered up by a line.

Like most others I have nothing but positive things to say about the upper end Leupold scopes for hunting.

I have one VX5HD 3-15x44 ZL2 with Impact 29. Best value hunting scope out there I think.

I have 2 VX6s 3-18x44 with TMOA reticles and I had Leupold change them to ZL2 elevation turrets. No Illum and none of the integrated level stuff you find on the VX6HD. That integrated level feature is nonsense to me. Never able to get it to work.

I have three VX6HD 3-18x44. These are all good scopes and all track well, but I never use the level or the illum. So in my case I have to pay for those features that I don't use or like, but that's my only complaint really.

Really they are the only scopes I use on hunting rigs.

Cutter1 can you expand about the Zeiss? Conquest 4, or too soon...?

I have a Conquest V4 in 4-16. In my view, the glass is not as bright as the VX6HD (and nowhere near my Nightforce or Swarovski scopes) and not as clear at the upper end of the magnification range. I like the turrets on it, but am finding that I don't like the overall package as much as I had hoped.

Cutter, which zeiss model is this? Before looking into the VX6HD, I was tempted by the zeiss V6.

I'll be interested to see what you find. That's the model I was looking at, with the MOA reticle. It's less money but also has less features than the VX6HD. I like the locking turrets. But I'm not sure about the scope level system. Maybe it works?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.