TL Technologies Action

I just bought one and I'm struggling what to do with it. Got long action. Mag bolt face. Thinking 300 Norma. Mr. Lyons said they can do all the work. I'm excited for that. Looking for a carbon barrel for the 300 so it will be light.

I just bought one and I'm struggling what to do with it. Got long action. Mag bolt face. Thinking 300 Norma. Mr. Lyons said they can do all the work. I'm excited for that. Looking for a carbon barrel for the 300 so it will be light.

I'm in the same boat. I don't need another rifle honestly. I just picked up an AR lower today too for a .300BO build. Get them while they are cheap and still legal....:(

Here's the look I am going for with this walking, hunting, long range rig. It'll have a shilen select match 24 inch, Light varmint barrel 1:10 twist. It will look just like the picture, except it will have a detachable box mag.

8CA95006-2246-4406-ABB9-5E3AE7DAC45A.jpeg

Attachments

• 8BF4A6C7-7443-44C7-9E50-EB3CCC948017.jpeg
    8BF4A6C7-7443-44C7-9E50-EB3CCC948017.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 227
A smith over in accurate shooter posted this of a completed build. He's about to do some load testing. It's in .28 Nosler.

B2E929F5-4A96-4921-987F-FDE0B9B584BF.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat. I don't need another rifle honestly. I just picked up an AR lower today too for a .300BO build. Get them while they are cheap and still legal....:(

Here's the look I am going for with this walking, hunting, long range rig. It'll have a shilen select match 24 inch, Light varmint barrel 1:10 twist. It will look just like the picture, except it will have a detachable box mag.

View attachment 91217
That is a beautiful old school m40 looking rifle!

That is a beautiful old school m40 looking rifle!

Thanks. That's pretty much the look I want. I got a beautiful ADL stock off EBay for $100. I'm getting pillars installed and glass bedded to the action. The front end will need to be opened up to support a light varmint contour and the magazine well will obliviously have to be milled out for the PTG bottom metal. I'm really excited for this rifle.

Thanks. That's pretty much the look I want. I got a beautiful ADL stock off EBay for $100. I'm getting pillars installed and glass bedded to the action. The front end will need to be opened up to support a light varmint contour and the magazine well will obliviously have to be milled out for the PTG bottom metal. I'm really excited for this rifle.

Just looking at that makes me want one too! I ordered a TL action about two weeks ago and emailed Jack after reading your post the other day, looks like another two weeks of waiting.

Last edited:
I talked to Jack today. He said he is having a hard time getting long action firing pins from Remington and only has a few of the shorts left. He is still a week or two out on my action that I ordered around the 22nd of January.

I talked to Jack today. He said he is having a hard time getting long action firing pins from Remington and only has a few of the shorts left. He is still a week or two out on my action that I ordered around the 22nd of January.

I sent him an email to thank him for the action. I got a response from him about 2 days ago. He said he is still having issues getting firing pins. He's trying to source them from someone else if Remington can't pull through.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.