Titanium

Is there any down side to a titanium action looking at a lone peak fusion ?
Don't know if their is a downside other than the price for me My Defiance Anti...weighed on my scale 22oz, and with Talley rings i'm still under the advertised weight of that action. For me I dont see the gain, but I'm a pretty basic guy and don't spend money so I can say I have certain things when others are just as good. Some have said the Anti is too light for big mags and flex, but my Savage UL in 28N is shaved and cut up worse and it shoots .5" groups with its cheap cheesy stock and crappy factory trigger.

I have a Fuzion Ti (nitrided) short action and I don't see any downside. Titanium is known for galling and sticky, dragging bolts if not done right. I had a Christensen Summit that had those flaws. I also have a Defiance Anti that is smooth as butter and weighs about the same as the Fuzion Ti. If I were building another lightweight rifle, I wouldn't hesitate to go with either a Fuzion Ti or Anti-X.

Attachments

• 4A21E3EA-1AB6-4464-9B06-29E17829C662.jpeg
    4A21E3EA-1AB6-4464-9B06-29E17829C662.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 79
Personally I wouldn't do a titanium action. Plenty of options for lighter steel action. For a "light weight" action, I would/have bought the BAT Vampire.

I only thing I heard negative on a titanium action, is some start to stick and gall, not sure why that happens though, maybe from not being built right.

I can't see how a cut down, trimmed up action is as strong as a full titanium action. I run Pierce Engineering titanium 17oz SA mag and they are great. I have another on order for a 7mm WSM I'm putting together with a #4 Bartlein Carbon barrel.

Do you have to put counter weight back in the buttstock for balance?
I've had to do that in a laminate stock & it was no fun at all..

I can't see how a cut down, trimmed up action is as strong as a full titanium action. I run Pierce Engineering titanium 17oz SA mag and they are great. I have another on order for a 7mm WSM I'm putting together with a #4 Bartlein Carbon barrel.
Or the titanium as strong as a super heavy rail gun action. Each person just has to be happy with their choice and what they are able and willing to pay. With the internet the way it is I would think if an action was defective and people were having issues.....it would be all over the place being bashed.