Titanium muzzle brakes sneak peek

Both my proof light weight sendero's will have the salmon river slab style. I like the look and I believe they are shorter but it would be a good up and more likely what look you like better

What's your recommended brake for a sendero profile carbon barrel. Building a lightweight 6.5-284 rifle. Would like the option for a brake. Thanks. John

You could use a slab brake like the one Snox has been testing, or if your looking for a sleeker look with a blended diameter to match the barrel contour, you could go with the Ti Pro is a 5 port brake that is intended to be a diameter match to the proof sendero contour. Depending on barrel length the barrel will taper to a finish diameter from .983 to .900", the brake is supplied at .99". They are 5/8-24 threads and I'll be adding 3/4-24 to that also. I'm sending out two of them for comparative testing today.

The self timing brake I'm working on would be an option too. But you will have what I call a "hard shoulder" because it's not blended to your barrel. I got the orientation nuts completed on these and will finish them up this weekend And will be testing them ASAP.

You could use a slab brake like the one Snox has been testing, or if your looking for a sleeker look with a blended diameter to match the barrel contour, you could go with the Ti Pro is a 5 port brake that is intended to be a diameter match to the proof sendero contour. Depending on barrel length the barrel will taper to a finish diameter from .983 to .900", the brake is supplied at .99". They are 5/8-24 threads and I'll be adding 3/4-24 to that also. I'm sending out two of them for comparative testing today.

The self timing brake I'm working on would be an option too. But you will have what I call a "hard shoulder" because it's not blended to your barrel. I got the orientation nuts completed on these and will finish them up this weekend And will be testing them ASAP.
I'd more than likely go with a blended fit brake. I'll be using the Bartlein carbon barrel so not quite sure which contour I'll decide on. I will contact you at that time with the specs. Thanks. John

Well right now it's just a self timing barrel extension but I should get ports in them tonight.

if you zoom in you can see the transition line between the orientation nut and the brake.

CF25D647-7F76-4ABA-BC84-0E6835DEB995.jpeg
3ABB084B-31E7-42BF-97EB-C9F8B8EA5388.jpeg

How tough will the Ti material be to machine down to the Proof contour at .910-.915 for the Blended Ti Pro? Can we get a photo of the slabbed break on a Proof Sendero contour?

Thanks
Mark

Speaking to gunsmiths, and having turned a lot of titanium on manual lathes, it's very simple. No different than turning down a stainless brake to blend. Wouldn't take any longer.

As far as a slab on a carbon barrel neither of my slab brakes are a larger diameter than a standard proof sendero contour, so it would be a step down to the brake diameter @snox801 do you have any carbon barrels you could throw that 3 port on?

I've seen those, they have the first straight port. When you ordered from them, do they bore itfor your caliber? The ones they have on their site for the Ti just say for .308.

Sorry, mine is SS. I would imagine it is the same with Ti when order selection is placed in the cart, not sure if they are pre-bored or if they bore it upon order/payment confirmation.

Sorry, mine is SS. I would imagine it is the same with Ti when order selection is placed in the cart, not sure if they are pre-bored or if they bore it upon order/payment confirmation.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.