Titanium muzzle brakes sneak peek

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
Wanted to do a sneak peek on the Ti muzzle brakes that Salmon River Solutions has in the works. Our goal is to provide ultralight brakes that have great recoil reduction but don't add a lot of length to the barrel. These brakes are designed with back angled ports for maximum recoil reduction, and gas splitters at the beginning of each port to force gas into the ports.

The only ones I have machined so far is the large 3 port slab brake. it is 1.2" in dia, and .88" thick (flat to flat). it is 1.875" OAL and will only add approx 1.375" to a barrel. Its weight comes in at 1.8 oz. I am sending out prototypes for testing today. This will only be in 5/8-24 threads. Will work for 6.5mm up to .375. I made this set of 4 with top ports, but that will be optional.

I just finished up the design for a smaller 4 port slab brake that will be available in 5/8-24, 9/16-24 and 1/2-28. It is 1.85" OAL, .9 dia, and .75" thick. weight will be under 1.5 oz. Will work with bores from 6.5mm up to .338.

Also finished the design for a featherweight/sporter style standard 4 port round brake. It finishes at .7" dia. and can be turned down to .6" dia. for blending. OAL is only 1.725 and will add approx 1.25" to the barrel length. Recommended for bores .243 up to .308, but can go up to .338. Weight will be around 1 oz.

Also have a self timing brake in the works but the design is in its infancy.

1.JPG
2.JPG
IMG_4403.JPG

I can't weight (pun) for the self timing to come out. Got a .338 carbon barrel coming in a few weeks, a TI brake should sit well on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.