Tired of the heat.

ENCORE

I guess I'm not the only one, as not many are posting about shooting in this heat. However, I am starting to get the bug bad. I've found myself taking the rifle out of the safe and "feeling'er up". Really not used to this "not shoot'n my muzz" stuff but, with this heat and increasing age, I guess its to be expected.

I'm about ready to make my order for bullets to start of shooting when the weather cools and order up another 500 rounds. A guy just can't have to many of them. It appears the field for long range shooting will be harvested (or plowed under) and I'll be moving the bench there soon. The guys are going to want to start shooing 200 and later when the other field is cleared, we'll get to 300yds. Love this stuff!

A friend just notified me on how well his brand new Pro Hunter FX is shooting, which is probably increasing my urge to shoot. He's clover leafing at 200 already and in this heat. I guess that's what happens when a guy gets a new muzz. Ya just have to load and shoot it, no matter what. I did get a chuckle out of him, when he told me that he took in back inside the house and the air conditioning after each shot to cool it down...:)

It won't be long now, which is what the monkey said when they cut off his tail. Anyone shooting yet?

I`m also waiting for the cool down after working 12 hours a day in the heat I don`t feel like shooting and working up loads in the heat.
robster

Heat index at 105* at 6:15pm ! I have loaded everything I have , bedded two of my friends rifles , waiting on some parts before I can bed my project rifle. I work out in it all day and there is no way I'm going back out in it to shoot. I think I'm going to move to the mountains next year. I'm soooo over Florida .

You and me both man, just set a record here in south western ky 15 straight days over 100 deg not heat index just temp. The heat indexes have been around 115. It sucks got a knew AR and a new rifle built by RBROS and have yet to shoot em.

Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.