Timney Trigger problems

mightyman

OK, SO I got my new Timney trigger in for the LH Model 788 6mm. Installed it last night as it has a 1.5 trigger pull and feels great.

Couple questions;
1. I cannot screw at all the trigger screw that mounts to the barrel as it will not screw in. It is the one off the old 788. Do they sometime take a different trigger mounting screw? It is not the little pin that slides through the trigger to mount it that way. It was very tough getting in but I got it through. Now cannot get the trigger mount screw to mount in at all...suggestions?

2. The safety will not engage once stock is put on as it is to snug and wont move. You guys ever have to shave your stock somewhat to allow for safety to function properly? Or do you just have the trigger installed professionally and not worry with it.

Any suggestions would help me finish it tonight...or take it in and say my son messed it up!
thanks
MM

It should use the same screw. Also having to remove some material from the stock to clear the saftey is no biggie. Just go slow and remove a tiny bit at a time til it functions easily.

OK thanks, I am going to pull the pin out again, and see if the screw will go in first, then try the pin.

I have filed the stock down ever so little and then try it again and again. It is functional now. The LH Model 788 replacement stocks are not to be found, and aftermarket stocks are not made unless I want to go $500 or more which is more than the gun is worth.

Thanks again for the information.
MM

Yep, just keep working in each area where it seems to be binding and eventually it should drop in and everything should match up, including the screw hole so you can use what came with the rifle to put it back together.

Thanks to all for their comments,
I am working on it this weekend again so should be fine, with a little effort.
Trigger pull is nice 1.5 though...very nice.
thanks
MM

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.