Timney Trigger for FN Winchester M70

statjunk

The new MOA trigger in the Model 70 is a dud.

I'm hoping that anyone looking to upgrade the trigger will go to Timney and cast a vote for them to make a trigger for the Model 70 produced by FN.

Here is a link to the voting site.

Timney Triggers -Survey

Thanks

Tom

The new MOA trigger in the Model 70 is a dud.

I'm hoping that anyone looking to upgrade the trigger will go to Timney and cast a vote for them to make a trigger for the Model 70 produced by FN.

Here is a link to the voting site.

Timney Triggers -Survey

Thanks

Tom

Thanks Tom for sending along the info at Timney. I responded to Timney and hope they will build a good trigger for the Winchester Mod 70 FN. I have the Extreme Weather model in 30-06 and the trigger is the only feature that I don't like about the rifle. Keeping my fingers crossed.

You know I have to agree. It's an excellent rifle. The trigger is the only terrible thing on it. If they had kept the original M70 trigger in there I would declare it the greatest factory rifle every assembled.

What kind of groups are you getting with yours?

Mine is pretty much sub-moa. I'd say around the .75" mark.

Tom

Have had no hands on with the FN made Winchester.........YET. Mind enlightening me on what you dont like about the M.O.A. trigger? Im a HUGE Model -70 FAN! and almost all of my rifles are Winchester 70's or 94's. I will be purchasing more in the future, and would just like to be brought up to speed on the + & - of them.
Thanks

Have had no hands on with the FN made Winchester.........YET. Mind enlightening me on what you dont like about the M.O.A. trigger? Im a HUGE Model -70 FAN! and almost all of my rifles are Winchester 70's or 94's. I will be purchasing more in the future, and would just like to be brought up to speed on the + & - of them.
Thanks

I'm also a huge Winchester M70 fan.

The new M70's are very nice but the trigger is a dog. Lots of folks not able to get them down to the 3lbs. I do have one that will though and it still feels very heavy. The trigger has zero creep but again it's heavy and is very sensitive to finger placement. I feel a very different weight of pull with even very minute changes in finger placement.

My other new M70 I'm sure is somewhere around the 4lb mark. I don't have a scale.

If they had only left perfect alone. My other M70 with the original trigger is sweeeeet after a $30 trigger job. I've already had one of the New triggers smithed down and yes it's significantly better but not as good as an original and I'm out $60.

If you plan on buying one please go to Timney and request the trigger. I need two of them.

Tom

I added timney triggers to my new fn Winchester s , I have been well satisfied with them . Good luck

You might want to try Ernie the Gunsmith for a new spring for your model 70. It took my Model 70 Extreme Weather down to a crisp 2 1/4 lbs. Could have gone a little lower. They do recommend getting 2 of the springs.....they can get away from you while installing. I believe it was about $6 when I purchased mine several years ago!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.