Timney Trigger for FN Winchester M70

statjunk

The new MOA trigger in the Model 70 is a dud.

I'm hoping that anyone looking to upgrade the trigger will go to Timney and cast a vote for them to make a trigger for the Model 70 produced by FN.

Here is a link to the voting site.

Timney Triggers -Survey

Thanks

Tom

moonzapa

The new MOA trigger in the Model 70 is a dud.

I'm hoping that anyone looking to upgrade the trigger will go to Timney and cast a vote for them to make a trigger for the Model 70 produced by FN.

Here is a link to the voting site.

Timney Triggers -Survey

Thanks

Tom
Thanks Tom for sending along the info at Timney. I responded to Timney and hope they will build a good trigger for the Winchester Mod 70 FN. I have the Extreme Weather model in 30-06 and the trigger is the only feature that I don't like about the rifle. Keeping my fingers crossed.

statjunk

You know I have to agree. It's an excellent rifle. The trigger is the only terrible thing on it. If they had kept the original M70 trigger in there I would declare it the greatest factory rifle every assembled.

What kind of groups are you getting with yours?

Mine is pretty much sub-moa. I'd say around the .75" mark.

Tom

winmag

Have had no hands on with the FN made Winchester.........YET. Mind enlightening me on what you dont like about the M.O.A. trigger? Im a HUGE Model -70 FAN! and almost all of my rifles are Winchester 70's or 94's. I will be purchasing more in the future, and would just like to be brought up to speed on the + & - of them.
Thanks

statjunk

Have had no hands on with the FN made Winchester.........YET. Mind enlightening me on what you dont like about the M.O.A. trigger? Im a HUGE Model -70 FAN! and almost all of my rifles are Winchester 70's or 94's. I will be purchasing more in the future, and would just like to be brought up to speed on the + & - of them.
Thanks
I'm also a huge Winchester M70 fan.

The new M70's are very nice but the trigger is a dog. Lots of folks not able to get them down to the 3lbs. I do have one that will though and it still feels very heavy. The trigger has zero creep but again it's heavy and is very sensitive to finger placement. I feel a very different weight of pull with even very minute changes in finger placement.

My other new M70 I'm sure is somewhere around the 4lb mark. I don't have a scale.

If they had only left perfect alone. My other M70 with the original trigger is sweeeeet after a $30 trigger job. I've already had one of the New triggers smithed down and yes it's significantly better but not as good as an original and I'm out $60.

If you plan on buying one please go to Timney and request the trigger. I need two of them.

Tom

Pulpwood

I added timney triggers to my new fn Winchester s , I have been well satisfied with them . Good luck

MtEmilyhntr

You might want to try Ernie the Gunsmith for a new spring for your model 70. It took my Model 70 Extreme Weather down to a crisp 2 1/4 lbs. Could have gone a little lower. They do recommend getting 2 of the springs.....they can get away from you while installing. I believe it was about $6 when I purchased mine several years ago!

Latest Classifieds

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce