time to upgrade my stock

tjonh2001

i am looking to replace the hs stock that i have on my 7mm wsm. i have used this action and stock to build a custom on it. i would really like to find a new stock thats where you guys come in. i want a stock that looks like the hs that i have, but i want an adjustable cheek piece. i dont want a saddle design. i am looking for a sock that looks like the mcmillan htg style with thumb wheel. Is mcmillan the only one that had a built in adjustable cheek piece.

I think that Manners makes one like your looking for but I don't think they use the thumb wheel.
Tery Cross makes the adjustable comb hardwear that Manners uses and its a very good rugged desgine I used it on my A5L for my 260 and will likely use it on my A5L for my M-7 6x47 Lapua.

I know that Terry won't work on the Laminated stock but I'm pretty sure that he'll work on all the others , you may want to give him a call and see what he can do for ya , maybe you can just have one installed on your HS !

Terry Cross (318) 748-8732.

james
i am also wondering if nate from ssg had talked to you about the silencers. i want to get things going so i can silance my 6x47 lapua.

with that after market cheek peice can i still use my hs and just add it? so do they just cut my stock and add this piece and put it back together?

thanks for your help again....

I haven't talked to Nate a little while but the actual building of the silencer is pretty quick and not very expensive the time consuming part is the wait for the ATF to check your back ground and cash your check in time to get the paperwork back to you. Its against the law to work on the silencer at all before your paperwork is completed.

as for the cheek piece goes , it may be a little more involved as the HS stock is hollwo so they will likely have to add some bedding in their to hold it in place strong , but yes your stock will function exactly like it does now and the only change will be the line where they cut the top section out. Give Terry a call he is a realy nice guy to talk to and he is also a hell of a rifle builder

yeah thats the part that sucks haveing to wait for paperwork. i thought that he was going to call to talkto you about what you have built yours from. i am just trying to find the right componants and not making them into any thing until the paperwork gets here. i was thinking about using titanium for my can and then using the stainless for the first 2 and aluinum for the rest. the problem is trying to figure out wher i can fine 1 3/4 titanium tubing with out breaking the bank. any ideas for that i would appresiate it.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.