Time to buy Long Range Scope

EDDIE POPE

My Rifle is being built, now it is time to select the scope. Looks like I have 2 choices if I want Bullet Comp. and Wind Dope on the turret. Those two would be Huskemaw and Greybull's Leupold. How do they compare? The big thing I see is one is made by a company that has been around a long time and the other one no one is sure who makes it. I do like the power range on the Huskemaw. Is there any advantage of the 20 power over the 14 power. I posted this on another web site but I guess they do not like comparisons.

THANKS

My Rifle is being built, now it is time to select the scope. Looks like I have 2 choices if I want Bullet Comp. and Wind Dope on the turret. Those two would be Huskemaw and Greybull's Leupold. How do they compare? The big thing I see is one is made by a company that has been around a long time and the other one no one is sure who makes it. I do like the power range on the Huskemaw. Is there any advantage of the 20 power over the 14 power. I posted this on another web site but I guess they do not like comparisons.

THANKS

For me, I like the higher magnification, when I want to use it. My scopes do a lot of crossover work, 1,000 yard matches, prairie dog shooting, tactical or field matches here and there. So the 20x is definitely an advantage for me. If I have time in the field, even when hunting I may use more than 14x.
Also, I have used 4.5x14 Leupolds for hunting and they are a great scope.

I can't say anything about the Huskemaw I have not used one I know guys that have. As for Leupold it is hard to go work with a Leupold; I myself use a lot of Leupold.

Mike @ CS TACTICAL.com
CS Gunworks is now CS TACTICAL.com

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts