Time for a boot upgrade, need some help

Reelamin

Nah
I can easily understand Goodyear, but what is the deal with Under Armor? I was thinking about buying some for an upcoming bear hunt. It sounds like that would be a mistake.
nah just my take. I have many pair of their cold gear long johns and they have lasted years and years. They claim to support hunters but pulled their sponsorship from a guy who speared a bear. Only after the antis told them to. I’m just not giving them anymore of my support because all they care about is making a dollar at the expense of hunters.

Treeslug

Well, that makes for a tough decision. I have heard all good things about their products, but I do not like the idea of doing business with a company that caves to the antis. This is rapidly wearing down my choices of what I can buy from whom. These companies need to keep their opinions to themselves.

Last edited:

slowelk

There are numerous reputable brands out there. Everyone’s feet are different, so taking recommendations is tough.

Sounds like you need a stiffer boot. I like stiffer too, and schnee’s granites have been a favorite for a few years now, and recently the scarpa manta techs. The schnee’s run a half size small, the scarpa’s are true to size.

Recent Posts