Timber stock repair

Varmtr

G'Day Guys

Yesterday was cleaning my old mans Anschultz 22H 1432 and decided to pull the action for a quick check. Thus found a hair line crack from the front action screw hole to the mag well and also from the hole towards the fore end underneath can't see it in the barrel channel but no doubt its there.
Now the crack into the mag well will be a easier fix. But the one in the fore end might be a bit harder. Now was planning to drill very small hole/s and using a plunger try to force the glue into the crack. As the cracks are fine I'm not keen on wedging them but I may have to, also I realise I may need to dowel it as well.

Just wonder what glue to use thinking of titebond III or is there something that will wick in etc.
Also timber dowel or maybe a wood screw screwed in and glued as well.

Thought guys

Cheers
Rossco

The other glue I was thinking of is West System epoxy 105 and 206 hardener. From what I have read it's low viscosity making it easier to get it into the cracks and extremely strong bonds.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.