• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Tim McWhorter Flat Creek Precision Rifles

onpoint

Hey Guys, I found out recently that Tim McWhorter is no longer with McWhorter custom rifles and has gone out on his own and started a company called Flat Creek Precision Rifles. I am in no way associated with his company just giving guys a heads up and company info. I'm having him build me a 7 SAUM and look forward to getting it. As most of you no he started McWhorter custom rifles and is truly one of the great gunsmiths. Super nice guy and would love to hear from you guys. Below is his contact info:

[email protected]
phone: (229) 599-0029
Tim's Cell: (229) 328-5501

Last edited:
Tim is a great guy....McWhorter has built 6 rifles for me over the last 10-12 yrs and each one was perfect.
I would expect nothing less than that from Tim and his new venture or the existing McWhorter company, which has been owned and ran by Allan Rovig for some time now.
Allan has a builder there that learned under Jim Borden and Jim called him the best protege he's ever had. Jim has a method all his own and I only wish I knew enough to comment on it but that's what you get from his builder. And based on my last two rifles, I couldn't find anything to complain about if I tried. They are perfect in fit and finish, and shoot better than I can. And Allan has gone out of his way to help me in ways that I had a hard time believing.
When you get to the level of these guys, along with quite a few others that are used by members of this forum, it's not a matter of who is better. The quality of the work is going to be top notch....it's more about style and personal preference. At least that's what I believe based on my experiences.

Tim is a great guy....McWhorter has built 6 rifles for me over the last 10-12 yrs and each one was perfect.
I would expect nothing less than that from Tim and his new venture or the existing McWhorter company, which has been owned and ran by Allan Rovig for some time now.
Allan has a builder there that learned under Jim Borden and Jim called him the best protege he's ever had. Jim has a method all his own and I only wish I knew enough to comment on it but that's what you get from his builder. And based on my last two rifles, I couldn't find anything to complain about if I tried. They are perfect in fit and finish, and shoot better than I can. And Allan has gone out of his way to help me in ways that I had a hard time believing.
When you get to the level of these guys, along with quite a few others that are used by members of this forum, it's not a matter of who is better. The quality of the work is going to be top notch....it's more about style and personal preference. At least that's what I believe based on my experiences.

Can somebody please tell me what Jim Borden training Tim's "replacement" has anything to do with what this thread is?

This thread is informing everyone about a new very high end custom rifle builder in Flat Creek Precision. It has nothing to do with Allen Rovig, Jim Borden, or their new gunsmith.

I wish Tim and Flat Creek Precision good luck in the business endeavor and know they will make a huge impact.

Wow...I had no idea my attempt to add some clarification to the story was going to get someone's panties in such a bunch.
That said, I'll tell you exactly what those details have to do with the post.
I'd be willing to wager that someone out there read the post and wondered if McWhorter Rifles was still in business, when Tim MCWHORTER is building for a different entity.
Also, some may wonder if McWhorter Rifles is no longer able to deliver the same great product that Tim put them on the map as being able to produce.
We all know the devil is in the details, so informing folks that they have an accomplished builder is very pertinent to a post that is about them losing their previous one. Letting everyone know about the credentials of that builder seems logical, as most guys wanna know a little bit about the person that's doing $5-7k's worth of work.
I have a habit of rambling and for that I apologize to those of you with limited attention spans...but not to those who just wanna complain about something...
And don't say it's a waste of your time....if your time was all that valuable you wouldn't be perusing this forum.

And every one of them was chambered by Tim McWhorter using his proven chambering method.

Unless you bought your last two rifle within the last couple months Tim chambered them also. If you are considering a prodigy vs the master I will trust the master. Allan and his group will be fine I am sure. This post was not about McWhorter custom rifles but about Tim's new company.

Hey Guys, I found out recently that Tim McWhorter is no longer with McWhorter custom rifles and has gone out on his own and started a company called Flat Creek Precision Rifles. I am in no way associated with his company just giving guys a heads up and company info. I'm having him build me a 7 SAUM and look forward to getting it. As most of you no he started McWhorter custom rifles and is truly one of the great gunsmiths. Super nice guy and would love to hear from you guys. Below is his contact info:

[email protected]
phone: (229) 599-0029
Tim's Cell: (229) 328-5501

Del,

Let me be the first to say it.

YOU SUCK! 😁

Cant wait to see this one, I'm loving my GAP 7 SAUM….

Can somebody please tell me what Jim Borden training Tim's "replacement" has anything to do with what this thread is?

This thread is informing everyone about a new very high end custom rifle builder in Flat Creek Precision. It has nothing to do with Allen Rovig, Jim Borden, or their new gunsmith.

I wish Tim and Flat Creek Precision good luck in the business endeavor and know they will make a huge impact.
Probably about as much to do with it as this is a WTB post!

I have dealt with Kyle Rovig for several years now and own 14 of his rilfles. I highly doubt any will ever leave me or my kids.

This was a WTB ad for a rifle maker 😂

I look at these posts and discussions because the subjects generally interest me. I love to hear the comments of others, and learn about the going's-on in the industry.
Perhaps I should have made my own separate post about all the details that I shared. But it seemed perfectly fine to me to add some additional info to the original post.
I never intended to break any sort of protocol or get anyone's blood pressure elevated.
These forums should be fun and Interesting.....along the way there's always a ton of irrelevant info, but this is a social platform where guys can shoot the breeze....and generally have their opinions and input respected. As long as you're not being disrespectful or crossing any serious lines, one shouldn't have to worry about being chastised for adding to the topic. This is a long range hunting and shooting forum for heaven's sake, not some master's thesis being scrutinized by a panel of people doing so as part of their job.
For the record, I know for a fact that Dustin Waters, who is Allan's stepson, did all the work on the last 3 rifles I bought from McWhorter. And they are .25moa rifles.
Years ago, Tim built my first custom rifle...and it was equally as accurate.
So, as I said before, whether it's new or original, young or old, both of these outfits are outstanding builders and I would strongly recommend either.

Probably about as much to do with it as this is a WTB post!

I have dealt with Kyle Rovig for several years now and own 14 of his rilfles. I highly doubt any will ever leave me or my kids.

This was a WTB ad for a rifle maker 😂
You've gotta have the record...14? That's an impressive collection. I bet I know which is your fav....and it's mine too.

I don't mind the info. I certainly didn't think a little inquiry would cause a rabbit hole down this path. Oh well. I wish any quality rifle builder good luck in today's political climate and this country's madness.

I'd be proud to own any of the rifles from any maker mentioned.

PS I didn't realize this was in the classifieds....I was wondering what all the fuss was about😂