Tikka Varmiter / Tac

speeders

I had a look at the tikka Varmiter today. Had a great feel. My concern in the Varmiter or Tac in a 7 mag or 300 win mag is the length of clip with hand loads and having enough room if the bullets are seated close to the lands. Anyone have experienced this with these guns?

Thanks

I had a look at the tikka Varmiter today. Had a great feel. My concern in the Varmiter or Tac in a 7 mag or 300 win mag is the length of clip with hand loads and having enough room if the bullets are seated close to the lands. Anyone have experienced this with these guns?

Thanks
I have a tikka tac 300WM I set my bullet length to max length of the mag. which is the recommend length in the reloading manual.That is the only draw back of this rifle.I put on a 4.5 by 16 50mm Bushnell and a muzzle brake from tikka, rifle weighs in a 11.2lb with no ammo. very accurate rifle 5 rounds in 3 holes half in. sand bag off the hood of my truck.With out the muzzle brake I couldn:t see the longrange coyotes shots recoles to the right.Recole is very managable with out brake,just wanted it to see the hit. A z plex scope wood be better or adj turrants, truly a longrange rifle.:)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.