tikka varmint stainless 25-06 , is it picky ?

herbeapuce

Hi. tikka varmint stainless 25-06

just got this new rifle and I would like to know if it 's ammo picky ? for some on you who may have shot one, can you tell if it stabilize lighter bullets as well as heavier one ? a 90 g versus a 115 ?

can you tell me what was your gun preferred commercial ammo please, as far a grouping goes .

also did some of you shout the Barnes ttsx 100 g ? precise ?

thanks
stef

I realize every gun is different, nevertheless I 'm curious.

I've owned the Tikka T3 SS/Lam version in .25-06, and it was a wonderfully accurate rifle with nearly any ammo I could feed it. It stabilized the 90gr Barnes FMJ, as well as the 115gr Berger VLD, and producted excellent accuracy with both. It shot the 100gr TTSX into about 0.5-0.75MOA, with impressive results on game. I have a target in the basement with 5 shots fired using 5 different loads, shot at 100 yards. The 5-shot group measures under 1".

The only factory ammo that I fired through the rifle was a box of 120gr Federal Fusion, but it was very accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.