Tikka T3x users..

W

Wyo37

If you are looking for an ergonomic lightweight stock, I highly suggest a Stockys carbon fiber vg2 stock. I ordered one on backorder and got it in about 3wks. No bedding needed. No blemishes.

With a t3x lite 24" profile steel barrel, lrhs2 scope and sportsmatch rings, no ammo, my rifle is right at 8lbs on thee nose. Attached are pictures of the rifle and a 5rd group at 100yds that was as fast as I could shoot from the prone position. 6 creed hornady black ammo.
20230608_164223.jpg
20230608_164502.jpg

I was just looking at that stock on their website yesterday thinking it would be perfect for a light but super functional stainless steel Tikka rifle. Looks good! Did the gun end up lighter, heavier, or the same compared to its factory configuration?

I was just looking at that stock on their website yesterday thinking it would be perfect for a light but super functional stainless steel Tikka rifle. Looks good! Did the gun end up lighter, heavier, or the same compared to its factory configuration?
Factory configuration I can't remember the weight. This rifle had been in a krg bravo for over a year. It is around 1lb 12oz lighter than the bravo. I wanted a lighter stock that mimicked the krg bravo ergonomics, and this stockys vg2 does that very well.

I believe the factory stock is around 34oz, so you'll be lighter than factory.

Nice paint jobs. I think @Wyo37 probably saved at least a quarter of a pound and got a higher comb by going with the Stocky's stock.

Bingo. The factory stock isn't bad. In fact with the vertical grip module it's pretty dang good. But the carbon fiber vg2 is lighter weight and has the perfect comb height (for me).

If gunwerks made the Clymer with a tikka inlet, I'd have one. But I think the stockys is very good

I'm for sure not a stranger to painting and shooting factory tikka stocks. Just like tinkering I suppose. Plus I've got my eye on a hunt that I'm trying to get extremely dialed for next yr.

20190925_084822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you liked the stockys…I've been wanting to try the bravo you just sold me😂

Big fan of my several alterra stocks for tikka. The stockys looks nice, and much more affordable.

Glad you liked the stockys…I've been wanting to try the bravo you just sold me😂

Big fan of my several alterra stocks for tikka. The stockys looks nice, and much more affordable.
If weight is no concern the bravo is the answer. I used it all last year when I had a 6.5 creed barrel on and it was perfect to keep my sight picture on target. It's already got two bull elk under its belt.

Yep I've got the lightweight stuff covered but my 6.5 creedmoor is a little stout for spotting impacts with a light stock and would benefit from some weight under it.